Ok, so after working a midnight last night and reading all of the negativity about Best Buy and them dropping the ball potentially with the release of the Storm just days away, I decided to email the Best Buy Mobile Department last nite. When I awoke I had an email that re-iterated my post in another thread that basically they planned on having them released Friday but HQ made the final decision. Not sure why on this. However, I replied and basically called them out, telling them that there are a lot of folks who are planning on getting a refund of their 50.00 deposit and forgiving their spot to get the Storm at a Verizon store if you don't have it available for those that pre-ordered the phones on the 21st. I got a reply that says...and I quote..."If you pre-ordered and made the $50 deposit, you are guaranteed a phone on the 21st. The only way you would not be able to get one is if you didn't make the deposit and the store sold out of them."

Good news, let's hope it rings true this time next Friday. Good luck and they're not all that bad at Best Buy. Give them a chance to answer before we bash them.
    11-14-08 11:00 AM
    Makes me want to go put down a deposit.
    11-14-08 11:09 AM
    i was given the same sort of answer. more along the lines of we are making appointments for the whole day on the 21st so if you dont have a preorder then theres no way to fit into the sales of the storm that day
    11-14-08 11:47 AM
    @ dhalushka do you have the email address? Or where can i find it for my local store? I would like to get an answer to this question. I was told yesterday over the phone the date for the verizon launch and the appt for best buy would "more than likely" not be on the same day. I went into the store and asked when the phone would be available and he said sometime before thanksgiving and he said some people are saying the 23rd. He also said a guy had come in and said verizon was going to launch on the 21st which i confirmed for him. He said similar to the other rep that it was probably not going to be on the same day. any hel would be appreciated PM if it is easier
    11-14-08 12:32 PM
    [email protected] again it seems only pre-orders can filled. but you never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-08 12:36 PM
    I've pre-ordered one @ BB. What they told me is that they were basically only going to count their pre-orders and then double that for their order on launch day. They also did not have a lot of pre-orders at the time (was a few days ago) so they'll definately be running out in my area if theres a rush on them @ launch.
    11-14-08 12:43 PM
    Can you still pre-order from BB for the Storm?
    11-14-08 12:58 PM
    Can you still pre-order from BB for the Storm?
    Call your local store
    11-14-08 01:03 PM
    Just to give everyone a heads up preorders have stopped at best buys across the nation as of 12 noon today!
    11-14-08 06:17 PM
    I just called my local Best Buy, which happens to one of the ones with less traffic and was told that I could come in at any time and get one because I had a preorder. The guy said that higher traffic stores may have problems but ones out in the boonies like mine are fine.

EDIT:: I should reword that... I can come in any time on the 21st, no appointment needed. Other stores with tons of orders may need more than 1 day to assist everyone.
    11-14-08 06:28 PM
    i pre-ordered at the best buy in annapolis, md either the 9th or the 10th. they told me they didnt need my name or number when i paid. called back a few times over the next week and kept going in store with the same response! had my mom call today and speak to a manager and they said they wont be able to fit me in for an appointment on launch day because i never gave them my info!! now i'm not sure if they are competent enough to set up my account whenever i do get there.
    11-14-08 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD