I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned before but, I want to know how many of you have run into a bug in which the phone will just go to speaker phone in the middle of a call?

This is the most annoying bug I have found to date and it hasn't popped up until .148. It's not cool when I am in the middle of a conversation and it goes to speaker for everyone around me to hear. I have to end the call and then call the other person again and hope it doesn't happen. So yeah, its a little frustrating.
    07-05-09 10:05 PM
    My Storm only does this when I'm talking on it while it's charging. I'm not on the .148 OS btw.
    07-05-09 10:14 PM
    My Storm only does this when I'm talking on it while it's charging. I'm not on the .148 OS btw.
    Hmm, interesting... I'll have to try talking while its charging see if it does it too.
    07-05-09 10:19 PM
    Unless u r inadvertently pressing speaker button on screen idk but want 2 know meaning of ur username.
    07-05-09 10:20 PM
    Unless u r inadvertently pressing speaker button on screen idk but want 2 know meaning of ur username.
    No, I'm pretty sure I'm not pressing the speaker button and once its activated, there is no turning it off

And my user name is nothing special, just had it for quite some time. It actually happens to be my PSN ID too ;P
    07-05-09 10:46 PM
    I'm so dumb i just realized it says Killer Concepts. Like how it looks. BTW did u do battery pull just for fun?
    07-05-09 10:53 PM
    I'm so dumb i just realized it says Killer Concepts. Like how it looks. BTW did u do battery pull just for fun?
    Lol, I do them all the time because I love how the white screen looks while the phone boots up. Seriously though, its fine after I hang up and call again. Its just really weird...
    07-05-09 10:58 PM
    since I have the new software most of my problems disapear...even my alcohol problems...hahaha J/K
    07-06-09 12:06 AM
    wow, that just happened to me too when it was charging. i think its a feature since it goes on landscape mode and it thinks the storm is in a charging cradle.
    07-06-09 12:57 AM
    It happens to me all the time when I'm charging the Storm. It must have to do with the angle of the device because it would always go to speaker if my phone was in the charging cradle and I answered it.
    07-06-09 01:05 AM
    Wow, I just came on the post this bug.

Annoying as ****. I do not think there is a fix.
    Last edited by maxipak; 07-06-09 at 10:57 AM.
    07-06-09 10:55 AM
    Designed 2 be on speakerphone while in cradle...no need 2 pick up.
    07-06-09 11:46 AM
    ive been complaining about the same issue with verizon...no fix...it usually happens when im holding the phone to my ear and the device is positioned in landscape mode...in order to get rid of the speaker and switch back to normal, i hold the phone upright in portrait mode, and it goes back to normal, only to switch back to speaker a couple seconds later...reallly reallly annoying bug
    07-08-09 11:47 AM
    You are not the only person with this problem. First time I loaded up the new OS .148 this was the first bug I noticed but soon forgot about it as it only hapepned when i was charing the phone..

Just had an idea- what if you got like StopTilt or something to stop the rotation. Try that and tell me if thats a possible solution.
    07-08-09 12:14 PM
    ive been complaining about the same issue with verizon...no fix...it usually happens when im holding the phone to my ear and the device is positioned in landscape mode...in order to get rid of the speaker and switch back to normal, i hold the phone upright in portrait mode, and it goes back to normal, only to switch back to speaker a couple seconds later...reallly reallly annoying bug
    One of my biggest annoyances with BB... I refuse to buy another app to fix an issue they wont fix. If it had to do with the 'cradle' it shouldn't AUTOMATICALLY go to speaker just because you put it in landscape in the middle of a call. It shouldn't do anything automatically!

You mentioned holding the phone in portrait to fix it... yeah I wish... too bad the Storm is a slow POS and all i get is a blank screen waiting for it to switch over.
    11-03-09 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD