I am fairly familiar with installing linux on my computer so I dont really understand why I can not just install android on my blackberry storm. Why can i not just wipe the rim os and put android on it?
    09-14-09 12:43 PM
    it might not have the internal hardware to support the OS.....thats my best guess at this......Storms hardware (clicking screen, etc) needs a software to support it .....then again i could be wrong but thats just my take on it ..........now with linux(as i am a mac/linux user)...its a computer...as long its a comparable pc type you can install....for instance....a tablet...you will need a tablet version...and a notebook you need a notebook version. Software to Support The Hardware
    Last edited by biggy0; 09-14-09 at 01:47 PM.
    09-14-09 01:45 PM
    This has been discussed before

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 01:46 PM
    Android works on numerous wm touchscreen phones there is a writeup in this months Linux journal however I've never heard of anyone flashing a BB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 02:35 PM
    I beleive you would need to somehow get all the drivers to support the Android OS on the RIM hardware. And I don't think RIM would help you with that. This was discussed before on here, and people far more knowledgeable than I indicated some problems with this. But mostly it has to do with the Drivers and lower level OS.
    09-14-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD