I currently have a blackberry storm unlocked and live in ny over the summer im wanting to choose a operator so i can use my storm over in the usa. i know i cant use a t and t as it doesnt have the same frequency to go online.... what are my options.

can i go on sprint?, T-mobile, does verizon offer a sim card?
    06-09-09 10:42 AM
    You can use any GSM network (AT&T, T-mobile). You won't get 3G data as the Storm has a 2100MHz HSDPA radio, however it does have a quad band GSM radio so GPRS/EDGE data will work just fine.
    06-09-09 12:39 PM
    You won't be able to use it on Sprint unless Verizon unlocks it to allow it to be used. They both use the 800MHz band, so in theory, it could work.
    08-22-09 01:32 PM
    You won't be able to use it on Sprint unless Verizon unlocks it to allow it to be used. They both use the 800MHz band, so in theory, it could work.
    sprint will not activate a phone unless it is theirs
    08-22-09 01:37 PM
    Has to be used on GSM, as the 9500 does not have the CDMA radios
    08-22-09 03:05 PM
    good work kids!

i'd suggest you do some research amongst the GSM carriers in the area you're gonna use your phone...be sure to go read the user reviews, and you can always ask the carriers themselves about service in the areas...don't ask the sales people, call customer service, they're more likely to be honest with you about shortcomings...and ask for documentation of service if they will provide that...maps and such
    08-22-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD