Ive bought my storm back in Christmas during the whole marketing blitz of Verizon. After about a month i had the thing stolen. (no insurance) So i went ahead and bought another one.

I've been waiting for the OS update now for months. I even went ahead and loaded a beta OS but good gosh i shouldn't have too! COME ON! I have all this money invested in this stinking phone not o mention the $80 a month i pay AND now i hear they are developing a Storm 2?

Well no crap there would be a Storm 2 but couldn't you fix the damned first one before you try selling me on the next model?

Freaking phone.... sigh. I just needed to rant.
    05-07-09 05:45 PM
    Hey you wont see that phone until this one has been out a year. But you will always see a new type of storm every year. Its just business. Yea the official verizon update is not out yet, but have you read all of the problems the other carriers have had so far? Let Verizon test a better os. You hopefully will feel better.
    05-07-09 05:51 PM
    Deja vu anyone?

Just because a new device is coming out doesn't mean they are gonna stop supporting the existing one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 05:53 PM
    What do you mean stop supporting the old one? I want them to START supporting this one.
    05-07-09 05:54 PM
    I don't know if I am in the extreme minority or what, but I have been very happy with my storm. There are some issues that can be fixed or improved but I do not feel that my storm (running .75) is a a bad phone. I think most of your frustration must come from the money you spent but it takes time to develop an OS. It has only been four months.

05-07-09 05:58 PM
    Hey this is the way of the world, would you complain because your new car isn't the newest model out less than a year after you bought it?

This is tech everything is old the day after you get it, get used to it, go buy the latest greatest computer you can find and then take a look around two months later and see how it compares.
    05-07-09 06:00 PM
    I had too high of expectations to start. I had this awesome idea of how it was gonna help me change the way i do business and it just hasn't.

I should have done more research.
    05-07-09 06:01 PM
    You sound like you just have a world of problems. Geez, you do know it's only a phone.
    05-07-09 06:03 PM
    This is tech everything is old the day after you get it,
    Nuff said !!
    05-07-09 06:04 PM
    yes, yes now i do know it's only a phone. Curse you clever marketing.
    05-07-09 06:06 PM
    wait just a phone. lol. having a crackberry is like a having a child. its not just a phone. I had the storm and it was terrible so i switched to a curve and cant be more happy. Rim just doesnt care about the storm. They know they made a mistake.
    05-07-09 06:08 PM

This is tech everything is old the day after you get it, get used to it, go buy the latest greatest computer you can find and then take a look around two months later and see how it compares.
    Actually, you're kind of wrong. These days it's old BEFORE you get it! Companies are working on the next version (or three) before they release the current one. Except for the thing sitting in my living room that I'm not allowed to talk about...lol!

Just nitpicking!
    05-07-09 06:10 PM
    Yea. my buddy has a curve and always mocks me. I just keep telling him you'll see! I just thought it would be nice to take all those minds focusing on the next model to fix the Storm 1 first.

AT least make so i dont have to do a battery pull everyday for 4 months. I mean thats not too much to ask for? even my old brick cell phone didnt need that!
    05-07-09 06:12 PM
    I'm not going to front, if they release the storm 2 before a stable OS comes out for the first Storm, I'm upgrading to numero deux
    05-07-09 06:22 PM
    Doesn't the iPhone update after every twelve months? And what about the HTC smart phones? About every twelve months.

I just got my phone two weeks ago and after updating to .132, love it. Reception could be better. My wife's cheap nokia freebee gets better reception but am happy.

I bought a new pc in November and by December, it was outdated. Happens with tech. Penalty of being an early adopter.
    05-07-09 06:30 PM
    Yes this is nothing knew. I guess none of you remember how the iphone was released? Anyway, if the storm 2 is released i am doubting it will be before the new year. So i will be almost 1.5 years into my new contract probably after its been onthe market for a couple months. But there will also be many new phones on the market. I like my storm and will keep it for atleast my contract. No reason to jump ship
    05-07-09 06:50 PM
    Why would you be pissed about something that doesn't exist?
    05-07-09 06:53 PM
    It sucks if they're developing a new one now after all that $ I just spent on mine yesterday. I'm not the type of big business customer that would need a phone like this either. I saved up for a long time and wanted a real good phone. Keep in mind, I just got it yesterday. but I am not impressed at all with how long it takes to operate anything and how bad the internet is with vz. This phone has a ton of capabilities i'm sure. I just think the iphone is a better overall choice. I just couldn't get throguh vz though. No unlocked phones for me.
    Storm, you should be running better for the cost.
    05-07-09 08:44 PM
    Whose to say that the next evolution of the Storm won't have it's own share of problems? To me it's pointless to rant about how much some phone sucks unless you find it therapeutic in some way.

-DrumBoy
    05-07-09 09:43 PM
    Really, I mean at this point we don't know much about it just that its going

to have some type of new screen and maybe a 5MP cam. so right now its

pointless to be pissed about it.
    05-08-09 12:02 AM
    I had too high of expectations to start. I had this awesome idea of how it was gonna help me change the way i do business and it just hasn't.

I should have done more research.
    My Storm absolutely has made my day to day work life far easier. This is my first smartphone, so I suppose ignorance is bliss. A friend of mine said that he had to do a battery pull four times a day on his Treo. He just got a Storm. I told him to schedule quick pull and everything will be cool.
    05-08-09 05:36 PM
    I'm guessin....if there will be a 2...it'll basically be a touchscreen version of the Tour. I'm willin to bet with all the talk about 5.0 OS's that the two are being co-developed to a certain extent anyway. Who knows...but all the talk about RIM not caring about 1gen Storm is crap. A company with a reputation like RIM is NOT gonna purposely screw people over. That's just ludicris. They wouldn't be continuously trying to build a new OS for it and we all know about the leaks and test versions. Just my 2 cents.

05-08-09 07:35 PM
    theyn will not release it yet, and when they do they will offer support for ours for a while, and if they stop supporting it, and you have insurance you can upgrade it at no additional cost, but you have to call verizon and COMPLAIN over the phone, i mean really complain, tell them how horrible they are and everything, even if you really dont think that.
    they dont want to lose you, if they are in fear of that they will do anything for you
    05-11-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD