I've been seeing a whole lot of negative stuff on this forum and in reviews lately about the Storm and all of the problems that everyone's having... I'm just wondering if I got the only 'good' Storm that RIM made or if I'm just not seeing the huge pink elephant in my hand.

As far as I'm concerned, the only things that are really bugging me about the storm right now are the lack of a touchpad lock when on the phone (I hit speaker every now and then, but this fix is coming) and the flip speed is a little (and i mean just a little) slow... but other than those two livable things this thing is solid.

I can bang out texts faster than I could on my old MotoQ with less type-o's, check email, AIM, text, pix etc really easilly.... I guess I'm not seeing what's not to like.
    12-09-08 08:35 PM
    you're not alone... i'm happy with the storm too. it's sexy.
    12-09-08 08:36 PM
    when i get mine, ill let you know.
    12-09-08 08:37 PM
    I'm really happy with it. I had screen click problems at first and now a dead pixel on the replacement but on a phone stand point I love it and I came from a curve
    12-09-08 08:38 PM
    It's just human nature, people tend to post the negatives instead of the positives to complain about haha.
    12-09-08 08:38 PM
    I Love my Storm. Sure, it has a few bugs....so does EVERYTHING when it frist comes out....cars, tvs, computers, u name it. The buse WILL be worked out. The Storm is like America....LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. Stop complaining.
    12-09-08 08:39 PM
    I've been seeing a whole lot of negative stuff on this forum and in reviews lately about the Storm and all of the problems that everyone's having... I'm just wondering if I got the only 'good' Storm that RIM made or if I'm just not seeing the huge pink elephant in my hand.

As far as I'm concerned, the only things that are really bugging me about the storm right now are the lack of a touchpad lock when on the phone (I hit speaker every now and then, but this fix is coming) and the flip speed is a little (and i mean just a little) slow... but other than those two livable things this thing is solid.

I can bang out texts faster than I could on my old MotoQ with less type-o's, check email, AIM, text, pix etc really easilly.... I guess I'm not seeing what's not to like.
    Tons of people happy with it. It's a rockin" device! Congrats!
    12-09-08 08:40 PM
    Mine Is Great Sence I Did The Upgrade
    I have to admit, I want to love this phone but I only like the phone. I think the problem is it had such hype, and everyone wanted to to just blow away the competition. Actually everyone expected it too because, well heck, its a BlackBerry. So the fact that we had to update our own software and deal with all the bugs put a huge damper on things. All in all I like this phone. Its BEAUTIFUL! Like the previous poster said, its sexy, and the video quality is off the hook.
    +1 Now that the screen click issue is resolved (via replacement, tried the card and TORX fixes, but the replacement just plain works better). Also the software upgrade was excellent.
    Well I am with you! I found my new favorite tool! I love my storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Everyone that isn't happy with it has returned it....well almost everyone there are still a few who kept it.
    It's just human nature, people tend to post the negatives instead of the positives to complain about haha.
    I'm sure you've heard the statistic in retail. "A person will tell one other person about a great product or experience. But a person will tell 10 other people about a bad product or experience."

I'm not saying that it's a bad product by any means. I was just agreeing that we're going to hear more about the bad then the good.
    Last edited by JJFrigle; 12-09-08 at 08:45 PM.
    12-09-08 08:41 PM
    I'm sure you've heard the statistic in retail. "A person will tell one other person about a great product or experience. But a person will tell 10 other people about a bad product or experience."
    Yep, I've heard about it, and it's a reality
    12-09-08 08:42 PM
    @toshlac

maybe that's why I have no complaints I guess... I came from a phone that barely functioned (the MotoQ was horrible) so having this now has me blown away. I guess everybody else had different expectations coming into it?

FWIW I was going to go Iphone until this came out... I've used both (my sister in law has an Itouch) and I like the berry better. It seems to do more (more email, more text, etc) at once whereas the Iphone was prettier but only does one thing at a time.
    Last edited by Paden501; 12-09-08 at 08:44 PM.
    I love love love my storm. I have to do a few work arounds to sync my cal and contacts but I don't mind the trouble. I can't wait until there are more apps optimized for the storm.
    Yeah it'll be a great phone once they get all the software quirks worked out.. It's come a decent way just with 1 software update.
    12-09-08 08:44 PM
    My replacement has much, much, much better hardware, but the software is not so great on it.

An OS update reallocating another 256 MGs of memory and reallocating some functioning to the extra memory would help a tremendous amount seeing as they have so many resources allocated to the processor right now.

Overall my first Storm was a 0, my second is a 7.5, with some OS updates it could grow to a 9.
    12-09-08 08:47 PM
    I love my crackberry! When I see those posts, I just want to tell them quit your ******** or just take it back! It is a new style of phone so common sense should tell you that there will be some bugs to be worked out. ARE WE THE ONLY ONES WHO REALIZED THIS?! I love my phone and the only issues I've had have been user errors or minor issues that have been fixed by tech support so far.
    12-09-08 08:53 PM
    I LOVE MY STORM!

Haven't had a problem worth crying about. Some people just have to have drama.

I'm very happy with my purchase. And it will only get better.

12-09-08 08:54 PM
    I too love my storm. Updated to .76 and other than a few things I love it!

12-09-08 08:55 PM
    Well my storm is updating .75 right now. With any luck I'll like it even more once it's complete. On the down side, I've got no BB to play with for a while :-(
    12-09-08 08:57 PM

I agree Paden501. I am not having hardly any of the issues that I am seeing with my Storm. I am loving the device and just as you, I am texting much faster. Especially when using the SureType keyboard. I do agree on the flip speed being a tad slow. But can't say that that 1 issue is making want to give up the phone and jump carriers. I'm satified and besides, the best is yet to come. Ladies and Gentlemen... be patient.... The STORM is only gonna get better!! Guaranteed!!
    12-09-08 08:57 PM
    I work for VZW so I've had exposure to this device since just before launch. I admit to hating it at first (disappointed) but I'm learning to get past the quirks as things get better on the software and native behavior end. Having to activate this device for customers forced me to use it daily so it's not like I could just ignore it and it would go away. I have to say that it's going to be a fantastic PDA in all categories once they work the bugs out. No one can touch the screen resolution when viewing movies. It even squashes most made-for-dvd players.
    I trust Blackberry so I knew we would get past the initial shock of having it be a lot less than the hype led us to believe. That part wasn't Blackberry's fault as much as it was VZW's. It's sad to see all the people who came in that first day clamoring to own one RIGHT THEN AND THERE only to return it within days. Those people are bandwagon phone freaks not true Blackberry users. On any given day there are three or four just like new Storms in a box under the counter that can't be sold to customers who walk in ready to buy because they are "used" and we don't sell used phones. What a waste.
    12-09-08 08:59 PM
    Hello Nqw, I freaking love this thing!!!
    12-09-08 09:00 PM
107 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD