Does this happen to anyone else?

Ok so I updated to .75 hoping to fix this issue. I keep my storm locked, with a password because I keep it in my pocket. My issue seems to be when I get a call, when I take it out of my pocket 1 of 2 things happen.

If I take it out of my pocket landscape way, if I click answer the call picks up but the screen goes blank no incoming call information is on the screen.

If I take it out of my pocket landscape way, and turn the phone portrait way to get it ready to put the phone up to my ear. There is a huge delay to from landscape to portrait while an incoming call is coming in. By the time I get it to flip and click answer I have a missed call.

I don't know if its just me or what but literally happens EVERY time I get a call and my phone is in my pocket/locked/with a password
    11-30-08 11:53 AM
    same set up . . no issues here. Does this happen hitting the hard key too? I generally don't mess with the touch screen to answer a call anyway.
    11-30-08 11:56 AM
    Yeah lol the same thing happens to me i guess until it gets fixed you have to pull it out of you pocket faster. So far ive missed like 10 phone calls.
    11-30-08 11:57 AM
    Does this happen to anyone else?

I don't know if its just me or what but literally happens EVERY time I get a call and my phone is in my pocket/locked/with a password
    Happens to my wife and I all the time. I am hoping that a future update (obviously .75 didn't help) will solve the problem. It would be nice if the phone was forced into portrait mode during phone calls....seems to me this would solve our problem.

If this problem isn't fixed before the end of our 30 days, we'll be returning the phone.

By the way...if you search you'll find many others with the same problem.
    11-30-08 11:57 AM
    I had the issues with the 65 version. I just updated last night but have not gotten a call yet today.
    11-30-08 12:12 PM
    same set up . . no issues here. Does this happen hitting the hard key too? I generally don't mess with the touch screen to answer a call anyway.
    Thats the thing, when you have the screen locked with a password the hard keys don't work (at least on my phone) I just tested it right now and I missed a phone call even with the phone in my hand prior to the call. If it rings in landscape mode I am beat.
    11-30-08 12:55 PM
    Happens to me as well, so damn frustrating. There is a 10 second delay EVERY call I try to answer. Drives me crazy and the caller crazy.
    02-02-09 03:29 PM
    Ditto this started happening to me a few weeks ago. I only use my storm for answering client calls and this makes me look like an *****.
    Any answers to this yet?
    02-19-09 11:18 AM
    Thats the thing, when you have the screen locked with a password the hard keys don't work (at least on my phone) I just tested it right now and I missed a phone call even with the phone in my hand prior to the call. If it rings in landscape mode I am beat.
    I think I got the solution for this. Change your BB to allow outgoing calls when locked then you could use the hard key(s) to pick up or ignore the incomming calls. Just tested it and it works with all hard keys (except for Escape key).
    1. Green key: pick up
    2. Red key: Ignore
    3. BB key: options: pick up or ignore.
    02-19-09 11:37 AM

If I take it out of my pocket landscape way, and turn the phone portrait way to get it ready to put the phone up to my ear. There is a huge delay to from landscape to portrait while an incoming call is coming in. By the time I get it to flip and click answer I have a missed call.

Yeah this happens with me. Apparently the software engineers were a little too trigger happy on the use of the accelerometer. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be an accelerometer lock on certain screens since such a simple fix hasn't been made in the last 5 leaked software updates. Instead the software engineers choose to focus on the size of the letters on the keyboard :-/
    02-19-09 11:42 AM
    However, once I started using ONLY the hard green key to answer life has gotten better.
    02-19-09 12:39 PM
    However, once I started using ONLY the hard green key to answer life has gotten better.
    Same here. I only missed a few calls but I've started to use the green key to answer and its
    been perfect. I did answer a call this morning clicking on the screen and it worked fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 01:14 PM
    yep.
    learned that after missing a few calls. hard green key only for me.
    02-19-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD