I purchased my Storm a few weeks ago and love it! The only problem had been with screen protectors. I work drilling concrete and send countless emails and messages throughout the day. New screen protectors were costly and only lasted 2 days before looking like crap.

Go to a sign shop and ask for a 1' x 2' piece of clear adhesive vinyl. It must be the type used on "perforated" sign applications. The material is very thin and incredibly durable! Cut a piece approx 1" wider than needed, and peel 1/3 of the back off. Use a credit card and push material down flat on the screen as you continue to peel the back off. I further stretched it over the earpiece as it was also getting marked. Simply take a thin sharp utility knife and trim along screen edge. I have had my first one on over a week and it still looks great!

The vinyl should cost you less than $10.
    01-04-09 07:35 AM
    Am I the only one that just uses the screen protector that was originally on the phone? lol
    01-04-09 09:08 AM
    You're not alone. I used the one on the phone for a few weeks and then after a round of golf, it was in really bad shape. I got the Invisible Shield / Ghost Armor to decide which I liked better.

My device is still pristine.
    01-04-09 09:43 AM
    I have a better idea. Go to Walmart and buy some clear vinyl tablecloth covering. Its sold by the yard, very inexpensive and available in different thicknesses. Get ruler, measure your screen and cut a piece to fit your storm. It sticks by clinging to your display so it doesn't leave any adhesive gunk behind. Now before you apply it put a single drop or two of water on your display/screen. The water will help your get all the air bubbles out and makes aligning the screen protector very easy. Let it dry to stick. I've been doing this for years on all my electronic gadget displays and the vinyl lasts for years!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-04-09 at 10:56 AM.
    01-04-09 10:47 AM
    I have a question on the protectors you can purchase from VZW. Is the screen protector sandwiched between to sheaths or just one before you put in on the phone ?
    Do you have to peel of just the back to put on the screen protector or peel of a front and back to get to the actual screen protector that goes on the phone ?
    01-04-09 10:51 AM
    Am I the only one that just uses the screen protector that was originally on the phone? lol
    nope... i do too.
    01-04-09 11:36 AM
    I have a question on the protectors you can purchase from VZW. Is the screen protector sandwiched between to sheaths or just one before you put in on the phone ?
    Do you have to peel of just the back to put on the screen protector or peel of a front and back to get to the actual screen protector that goes on the phone ?
    You peel both, front and back. It comes in a 3 pack.
    01-04-09 11:48 AM
    You peel both, front and back. It comes in a 3 pack.
    Then these screen protectors are awesome. I bought the three pack, peeled the back off, put it on the phone, then peeled the top off, and cant even tell there is a protector on the screen.
    I had to keep checking, cuz I can swear that the protector did not transfer to the phone.
    01-05-09 09:24 AM
    I was not satisfied at all with the VZW screen protectors. That said, you can buy 9 of them for the price of 1 sheet from the name brands, so it's prob. worth it.
    01-05-09 09:28 AM
    seriously, you don't even need a protector. take off the sticker it comes with and be amazed how its scratch proof, and for those who are daring, take some scissors, a knife, or a razor blade to it, it will not scratch. no one at my job believed me until i took each of the above to the screen and proved them all wrong. theres a video with a guy taking a rambo knife to his without scratching it. only reason why i had the brajols to try it out is because i have a replacement one already coming for the screen not clicking. but it definately doesnt scratch
    01-05-09 10:56 AM
    seriously, you don't even need a protector. take off the sticker it comes with and be amazed how its scratch proof, and for those who are daring, take some scissors, a knife, or a razor blade to it, it will not scratch. no one at my job believed me until i took each of the above to the screen and proved them all wrong. theres a video with a guy taking a rambo knife to his without scratching it. only reason why i had the brajols to try it out is because i have a replacement one already coming for the screen not clicking. but it definately doesnt scratch
    But scratches weren't the issue for me. I find it easier to clean the plastic screen protectors. The glass seems to hold onto the oils from your fingers alot more than the plastic does. and the VZW protector looks great. You can't even tell it's there.
    01-05-09 11:02 AM
    i use screen patronus. they are extremely clear. easy to clean. and inexpensive.
    01-05-09 11:38 AM
    Find a friend that works at best buy and have him buy you a 'gift' I got the IS screen protector for like 3 bucks and some change.
    01-05-09 11:53 AM
    ........ about the vinyl screen protector ..... I found out what I did when time to remove it. Worked excellent, however, had to heat with hair dryer to remove and use paint thinner to take residual glue off. So much for my Einstein moment. I can only hope nobody else took my advice.

Someone mentioned why even bother with one and just go with the glass. I have been doing that since and it is still not scratched or marked.
    01-22-09 09:01 PM
    Try my vinyl table cover idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD