But this is really getting out of hand, VZW. Not only did I give you guys my order info days before the phone was released, I paid for overnight shipping to get it the Saturday after release. My order was placed at 9:00AM on Friday. I call back later to get a status update, and I'm told I would have to wait for it to ship by the 25th. I call back today for any other updates, and now I'm being told I might have to wait till the 5th of December.

I ordered via telesales because I was told their stock would far outnumber the retail location's stock. I was willing to place an additional $15 bucks [refunded] to get it to me the very next day. I've been patient with you through the shipping delays and Storm bugs Verizon, but my patience is also beginning to wear thin.

No, this wasn't supposed to be anything other than something I needed to get off my chest. Don't like it? Move on.
    11-24-08 04:11 PM
    i had the same experience and missed their "call back" on Friday night and mine isn't shipping until the 15th. gives me more time to second guess the decision to get one after reading the prob every1 is having.
    11-24-08 04:27 PM
    Cancel your order and wait for the new Curve.... Or get the Bold - crappy network but incredible phone.
    11-24-08 04:34 PM
    I wonder how VZW is going to handle the customers on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving (largest retail sales day of the year) with no Storm inventory at the stores?

More promises?

Should be very interesting..... But I keep seeing the TV commercials every single day....

HH
    11-24-08 04:39 PM
    Cancel your order and wait for the new Curve.... Or get the Bold - crappy network but incredible phone.
    Frankly, I'm just about ready to. But I don't know if I could live with a sub-par phone like that for two years. I'm on a family shareplan as well, and can't afford to get my own phone bill JUST yet.
    11-24-08 04:43 PM
    Same thing happened to me... except I found out today that my order which was placed Friday was canceled today and re-ordered today. So now, who knows when I am going to get my phone... on the upside, the CS woman I spoke with today said the stores will get more on the 15th, so mine should be shipped well before then. So irritated with VZW now!
    11-24-08 05:32 PM
    Please let me know if you figure out a way to cancel the order. I was told it was impossible at this point.
    11-24-08 05:39 PM
    once your order is placed we cannot cancel it. you have to wait until the phone is shipped and then send it back. Verizon isnt going to have any problems on black friday, its not like this is the first black friday ever. We didnt have any problems last your or the year before. I dont imagine use having any issues this time either
    11-24-08 05:58 PM
    same happened to me ordered fri am called sat to check status was told by cs there was no order on my account said she would put another order in but not to expect it b4 12/5. wasnt happy but what can i do right, just checked email and i have a fed ex tracking # for del by 3 tomorow so hold out hope u still might get it sooner then u think.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:37 PM
    ATT has been treating me great. Full 3G service everywhere I go. It's all about location.

11-24-08 06:42 PM
    when is vzw getting that new curve .. its tempting ...
    11-24-08 06:45 PM
    Frankly, I'm just about ready to. But I don't know if I could live with a sub-par phone like that for two years. I'm on a family shareplan as well, and can't afford to get my own phone bill JUST yet.
    Sub-par phone? Definitely not. The Bold is a great device. Just because it isn't brand new doesn't means it's not just as good.

11-24-08 06:45 PM
    ATT has been treating me great. Full 3G service everywhere I go. It's all about location.

lol No signal 80% of the time in an Area where AT&T's eastern Headquarters are less than 20 mins away and nearly $2000 in overbilling in 4 months of h3ll?? No THANKS!!!
    11-24-08 06:48 PM
    If it keeps it up, you can have mine. It keeps getting slower and slower and has frozen up 3 x today. It sure is pretty though.
    11-24-08 06:49 PM
    Same here! And I have been calling and calling to try to get a shipping conformation or something. Some people in the store say I will receive an email, and phone support says I will just have to call, and there will be no email. I am tired of this run around!!!

hmm... AT&T anyone??
    11-24-08 06:52 PM
    lol No signal 80% of the time in an Area where AT&T's eastern Headquarters are less than 20 mins away and nearly $2000 in overbilling in 4 months of h3ll?? No THANKS!!!
    Well that's just you. I think Verizons sucks because I had horrible coverage in a excellent coverage zone. Dropped calls and everything. That's just me. We can agree that Sprint sucks though!

11-24-08 06:54 PM
    I tried to do that today. I am going out of town on for a few weeks. My current phone screen is broke and half is black. The Touch Pro was released today. I called CS asked if they could ship me the Touch Pro instead so I have a working phone for my trip.

I was told I counld not cancel the order at this point. I could however purchase The Touch Pro at full price and then when the Storm arrives and return it.
    11-24-08 06:57 PM
    haha I'd take verizon over AT&T ANY DAY

As far as the delay in shipping.. i'm sorry that has happened... I would be pretty upset and pissed of myself. On the upside, vwz still has the best service and i've never experienced better customer support (maybe not the smartest but willing to work with you).

My phone was delayed for a day as well but I decided to get over it.. the device is brand new, I'll live and everything was okay.

again, getting it in december sucks, i do feel for you. In my opinion, it'd be ******** to switch to AT&T when you will have PLENTY more long term problems with them than this short lived one (being you dont have the phone you already ordered yet) on verizon.
    11-24-08 07:03 PM
    I guess everyone forgot the following when Iphones hit the market

1. Iphones has the exact same low inventory
    2. When Iphone 3g got released the whole darn ATT/Iphones network crashed for about 4 to 5 hours depending on where you where!!! And yes this affected the people who already had an iphone and had no plans to upgrade
    3. 1 out of 5 Iphones had a crap battery and HAD TO BE SENT BACK TO APPLE for at least a month before it got fixed
    4. Iphones FREEZE at least 100 times a day. I have video to prove this (ok ok ok not 100 times a day, but for goodness sake they do freeze a whole lot
    5. ATT network sucks outside of Major Metropolitan areas! They do look at their coverage maps.

Need I say more, if you want to go and get an Iphone, go and get one!!! No one held a sign over your head and begged you to come and get a storm.

O and god bless
    11-24-08 07:51 PM
    I'm about to just say screw the damn Storm, and get the HTC touch, mess with it for 29 days, then get the Storm.
    11-24-08 07:56 PM
    I spoke once again to CS and they were able to cancel my order. Now I will see if this is once again another story...I will see when/if my credit card is credited and I can use my NE2 on another phone.
    11-24-08 09:29 PM
    Sub-par phone? Definitely not. The Bold is a great device. Just because it isn't brand new doesn't means it's not just as good.

No no, I was referring to the Curve in that instance. At this point I would most definitely just jump on the Bold wagon if A) AT&T weren't crap in NYC and B) I could afford it.
    11-24-08 10:19 PM
    once your order is placed we cannot cancel it. you have to wait until the phone is shipped and then send it back. Verizon isnt going to have any problems on black friday, its not like this is the first black friday ever. We didnt have any problems last your or the year before. I dont imagine use having any issues this time either
    This could have all been avoided if VZW corp would have thought this out a bit! The wanted to say they sold it out to build hype...only problem is it is back firing and making so many people disgusted with being treated crappy and not having a true idea of what is happening.

If they would have simply said pre-register at VZ stores or other stores, they would have known how many to have ready for the launch. At the very least this is an estimate and they could double it to make sure. They would have sold them off with more people having them and talking about the Storm. Word of mouth advertising is very powerful!
    I think it looks better that you sold 10 million without a hitch then sell out 3 million units and now have pent up demand and a lot of people looking to get out of VZ contract!
    Poor decision making! This is the largest mistake I have ever seen by a cell company...
    11-24-08 10:31 PM
    haha I'd take verizon over AT&T ANY DAY

As far as the delay in shipping.. i'm sorry that has happened... I would be pretty upset and pissed of myself. On the upside, vwz still has the best service and i've never experienced better customer support (maybe not the smartest but willing to work with you).

My phone was delayed for a day as well but I decided to get over it.. the device is brand new, I'll live and everything was okay.

again, getting it in december sucks, i do feel for you. In my opinion, it'd be ******** to switch to AT&T when you will have PLENTY more long term problems with them than this short lived one (being you dont have the phone you already ordered yet) on verizon.
    amazes me the amount of nonsense people post trying to convince others how great verizon is
    verizon is no diffrent than any other carrier..they just have a nice catch phrase that gullible people regurgitate as fact because a commercial said so

iv'e been a costumer of verizon ATT and Tmo wanna know the diffrence between the 3? Tmo costs less for more...Att costs a little bit more for less than Tmo and verizon will make you pay any and everything possible they can squeeze out of you...they are the most expensive carrier ....and believe me when i tell you they dont offer anything better than any of the other 2 carriers i mentioned...i have never not had a signal with any of the 3
    Last edited by giantfan30; 11-24-08 at 10:38 PM.
    11-24-08 10:34 PM
    man this exactly the reason i told the people behind me that didnt get a storm that they shouldnt bank on getting it saturday.

when the rep told me, well you can order it and have it tomorrow for sure! i was like, why do i doubt it, i will find a store that hasnt opened yet and get in line, i had to wait 3 hours, but it worked.

sorry for your pain though.
    11-24-08 10:37 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD