View Poll Results: Have you ever cracked the screen on your Storm.

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I take care of my baby.

129 92.81%
  • Yes but it wasn't in a case.

7 5.04%
  • Yes and I even had it in a case.

2 1.44%
  • It cracked for no reason. Without even being dropped! WTF?!!

1 0.72%
    Nope, it spent 6 months in wor lasses bag along with keys and er, other things. The last couple of months it has been a door stop, and all OK just a scuff on the case. Oh - working again so back in use as a spare phone.
    11-21-09 09:38 AM
    I have dropped my S1 once I take care of my baby. It hit flush with my concrete patio and feared the worst but nothing happened to screen is perfectly fine. It actually seemed to work better kinda like forrest griffin when he gets cut and wounded. Well most would agree woth me that the S1 has been for a long time and most owners have had theirs for a fairly long while S2 users in the other hand have had theirs less than 2 months. It really won't matter RIM designed these works of art and they sure as **** hold up to a lot of abuse. Well that's my take.

Has anyone taken their S1 apart? If so email me what u did and how I'm very curious.
    [email protected] thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 12:11 AM
    No problems with it whatsoever. ****, I'm still on my original release Storm, but I've babied it pretty good too.

11-22-09 12:37 AM
    My Storm has seem the worst abuse of any phone I have ever owned, I think the spring on my Seido holster is getting weak, but mine has dropped to the street while getting on a bus. I just knew it was broken but i pick it up put the battery back in and it is still going strong. I told a friend just the other day that Storms were built like a tank. Very happy with the build quality of the Storm.
    11-22-09 07:50 AM
    I have dropped, slammed, tossed and thrown my Storms (on #3 now) with only one little gouge on the chrome bevel as only damage. I would have to say the S1 is built pretty good. Oh no cases....no screen protectors either. Only thing I have added to the phone is a piece of Invisishield on the battery door to keep it from sliding when I set it down in certain places...

11-22-09 09:45 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD