mjbesen I know how to use my blackberry b1tch and once again you people need to relax its just a phone let people state there opinions dont get your panties in a bunch.
    03-23-09 09:20 AM
    Are mostly cause by downloading leaked OS I don't know why most people can't figure that out, For the most part everyones storm is perfect out of the box, ....

Those are just my opinions but I think that they are completely true
    That is not true in so many ways... I've never installed a leaked OS and this phone has a lot of issues that RIM needs to fix. Unless your meaning of "perfect" is different from mine. With .75 the storm is a perfect POS.
    03-23-09 02:48 PM
    I have had my storm for a couple of months now. I upgraded from a BB Curve 8330.

The only leaked OS that I didn't like at all was the 114 leaked OS (non-hybrid). Not being able to use the number pad in while in a call was a deal breaker for me.

My Storm came with 75 on it and I updated it to 99 within the first 6 hours I had it. I updated it to 103 when it came out a few days later.

I have experienced the battery drain, usually caused by an app that uses gps not being registered after update.

I have experienced memory leaks, usually caused by a third party app. Sometimes this is corrected by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Other times the app (many of which are in beta also), is incompatible with the beta OS. Unfortunately, some of the best apps are the most finicky (Weatherbug, Poynt, Google Sync, etc.)

I don't do battery pulls regularly. In fact, I have gone at least a week since I did my last one. I still have 24.9mb of memory. I have never seen my Storm reset itself...never.

I have two of these babies (actually, one is my sons). He doesn't have these issues either. He is currently running the 114 leaked OS and I am running the 113/114 hybrid.

It all goes back to the PIBCAM.
    03-23-09 03:15 PM
    .75 was great...for the first few days. Now it is just crap to be honest. So no i don't believe it is just trying the beta versions/leaked. Whatever you want to call them.
    03-23-09 10:05 PM
    My storm came with .75 and I was happy with it. I read and bought into all the os hype and updated to .109 and now .113. Nothing earth shatter or life changing, but my storm has never randomly rebooted or crashed. I do close out my programs and use the memory cleaner on a regular basis, occasionally using the quick pull. The phone works as expected. No hate and all love for the storm.
    03-23-09 10:42 PM
    Are mostly cause by downloading leaked OS I don't know why most people can't figure that out, For the most part everyones storm is perfect out of the box, other than a couple of individuals 1 out of like every 10 000. But seriously just wait untill an official OS is released!!!

And if you dont believe that well then you can read my other explanation which would be that the storm is brand new and everything that your downloading is obviously not going to be perfected so just wait alittle bit untill all of those downloads, programs, and apps are working properly.

Those are just my opinions but I think that they are completely true
    yeah your out of your mind, i had so many problems with .75, i switched to the .114 hybrid and i had no problems but a high mem leak, just switched to .113 and i float between 32 and 27 file mem, always running very fast and loving it
    03-23-09 11:39 PM
    I am on .109 and would never go back to .75. While there is always room for improvment, it is ******** to say all problems are coming from using unoffical OSs.
    03-23-09 11:46 PM
    had .75.... hated it. running .114 now... like night and day... nough said!
    03-24-09 02:09 AM
    I tried a couple of leaked OS, but ended up back on the official one. Leaked OS usually improved one feature, but screwed something else up. I'm sticking with the .75 os until the official upgrade is available.
    03-24-09 04:02 AM
    hi, i have gone through 4 storms in a matter of 2 weeks. I was a tmobile customer, i loved the storm and switched to verizon and paid the penalty to get out of tmobile but i have so many issues with it, even blackberry support can't help me:

When I am in the browser in BB mode (Under browser config) and say i go to yahoo.com and i want to go to another site, i get error 500, 502, 503, 400 etc, I always end up clearing cookie, cache, contents, get out of browser and try again many times till i am able to get it. It happens every time.
    They told me switch it to Internet explorer, with the help of blackberry, I did
    when I go to Yahoo.com and with my thumb click on a link, nothing happens, it does not request data, same in aol, same in other sites.

My blackberry is so sluggish too, my memory is about 36Meg, so plenty there but phone is so so sluggish too.
    03-24-09 04:14 AM
    you DO realize that all the "leaked" os are developed BY RIM. They are constantly developing new os's in an attempt to improve on each previous version. It's up to the various phone carriers to decide to release one of these "leaked" os's as an official update to their customers. Verizon could decide tomorrow, to release .109 as their official update. And Sprint may decide to not to release an "official" update to their customers. So does that mean an update, developed by RIM, & released by Verizon as their official update, is still a "leaked" os to Sprint customers & therefore they should be doomed to the problem riddled .75 for eternity? I'll take my .114 Hybrid over that any day
    04-06-09 01:30 AM
    hahahaha he actually said 1 out of 10000 people have issues with their .75 Storms...you, my man, are a TURD!!!!! the Storm blows no matter what O.S. you run that is currently out (trust me, I tried them all).......I'm going to go with a safer number and say that 1 out of 3 people have issues with their Storms and 1 out of 10 people wish they could "undo" the giant mistake of investing in a Storm...
    04-06-09 02:10 AM
    you DO realize that all the "leaked" os are developed BY RIM. They are constantly developing new os's in an attempt to improve on each previous version. It's up to the various phone carriers to decide to release one of these "leaked" os's as an official update to their customers. Verizon could decide tomorrow, to release .109 as their official update. And Sprint may decide to not to release an "official" update to their customers. So does that mean an update, developed by RIM, & released by Verizon as their official update, is still a "leaked" os to Sprint customers & therefore they should be doomed to the problem riddled .75 for eternity? I'll take my .114 Hybrid over that any day
    Very well said! Although I use the .113, I found that it worked so much faster than my .75. I love the .113. I havent tried the .114 hybrid. Is the a big enough diffrence to switch the 2?
    04-06-09 02:33 AM
    Hi
    I love .113 I upgraded from .78 as I was sick of the problems, lag, signal instability, and battery usage, camera didnt work, would take/playback videos. Would crash when playing music.
    Most of these (still having signal problems) have been sorted at .113 and a few bonus extra's have appeared (like the 'go' button)
    I would never go back to .78 unless I had to if my phone was going in for repair
    .113 makes the storm act like the phone I thought it would be. Still room for improvement though, but that's because its a new phone, and when I ordered the phone, I knew I had to extend a certain level of tolerance, whilst all the bugs were worked out.
    I had the usual 'user interface' problems when I first had the storm, but i'm learning every day, and picking up loads of tips off CB.
    Sam
    04-06-09 04:46 AM
    Very well said! Although I use the .113, I found that it worked so much faster than my .75. I love the .113. I havent tried the .114 hybrid. Is the a big enough diffrence to switch the 2?
    No, it's actually a very easy process assuming you are somewhat computer savvy. Basically if you can copy & paste, and follow directions, you should have no problem. I went straight from .75 to the .114 Hybrid, so I can't say much about .113. BUT everyone raves about the .114 hybrid by bbcrackman (which is what I've got) and I know I was about to trash my phone before this update, so it kept MY Storm in one piece. Try a search for bbcrackman's hybrid 4.7.0.114 v3 (version 3 is the latest & greatest from bbcrackman). There's step by step instructions included in the download as a 'read me' file. Good luck, hope you like!
    04-06-09 01:59 PM
    No, it's actually a very easy process assuming you are somewhat computer savvy. Basically if you can copy & paste, and follow directions, you should have no problem. I went straight from .75 to the .114 Hybrid, so I can't say much about .113. BUT everyone raves about the .114 hybrid by bbcrackman (which is what I've got) and I know I was about to trash my phone before this update, so it kept MY Storm in one piece. Try a search for bbcrackman's hybrid 4.7.0.114 v3 (version 3 is the latest & greatest from bbcrackman). There's step by step instructions included in the download as a 'read me' file. Good luck, hope you like!
    Thank you, Im going to check it out now.
    04-06-09 02:04 PM
    you cant just narrow down all problems with leaked os's!
    dunno about everyone else, but im on .113 with pleanty of apps not on appworld and my phone is working near flawless.... i would recommend anyone and everyone to go to .113!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 02:10 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD