Hi, im newbie in Storm and I bought one and unlocked and programed for T-Mobile. Im running version 4.7 and I complete all steps in the "Threat" that explain how to have all features working in T-Mobile but the reception is very poor.

I have a Curve 8320 and I use it at home without any problem with good reception of data but now the new Storm is a pain, the 95% of times the webpages can't display, Pandora can't run (Coverage Problem)and i not understand because i live in the same place. the 98% of features work (messenger, facebook, emails, etc) NO Pandora

The only trick that i use some times when i need to use internet in my phone is go to: "options/advance options/Host Routing Table and register now" and the Internet Browser work but not for to much time. I download a trial of the app BerryWeather and to much times the program cant update for data coverage problems. I try it also the program "Network ACC" (suppose to accelerate my connection) but is the same.

I really like to know if:
    1-The Storms have a bad reception?
    or
    2-The change of the phone from Verizon to T-Mobile affect the reception for OS issues or something ?

I'm desperate to have a decent Web Browsing in my new phone, I don't like to downgrade to my old Curve 8320

Please help...
    07-25-09 10:18 PM
    you are trying to use a phone that was not meant for your network honestly....while some problems you state arent typical for all Tmobile users, you arent going to have the same service like if it was on VZW network
    07-25-09 10:23 PM
    Why are you on Tmobile? LOL. Just kidding.
    07-25-09 10:27 PM
    hmmm, ok, i think that im not the only person that try or need to use this phone in T-Mobile, and not exist any modification or something to eliminate this data reception problem? waoo a world with a lot of programmers, coders, hackers etc and nothing can make a good modification bin or something, well, thanks for your help.

PD. In thinking: but why a lot of people use the Iphone (from AT&T) in T-Mobile without any issue with a fast connection? hmm the problem is Rim?

thanks
    07-25-09 10:30 PM
    My storm works perfectly. It's one of the coolest things I've ever owned
    07-25-09 10:33 PM
    hi: matrix2004

i live in PR and here Verizon is a very expensive company (phones and plans) I don't know in the rest of US, but here in the only company that you can buy a BB plan for $69/month and pay $200 for the phone is T-Mobile, in Verizon more than $400. and more than 70-80/month. This is the only reason.
    07-25-09 10:34 PM
    hi: matrix2004

i live in PR and here Verizon is a very expensive company (phones and plans) I don't know in the rest of US, but here in the only company that you can buy a BB plan for $69/month and pay $200 for the phone is T-Mobile, in Verizon more than $400. and more than 70-80/month. This is the only reason.
    thats probably cheaper than here in the states for many people....
    07-25-09 10:36 PM
    hi: mordenxp

do you have a Storm in T-Mobile and you can browse internet normally with good reception?

you have a cellular tower in your backyard or how you do to do this?

:-)
    07-25-09 10:37 PM
    this should help explain why the networks are different

Wireless Carrier Compare T-Mobile-vs-AT&T Wireless-vs-Sprint-vs-Verizon Wireless

GSM vs CDMA basically, iphone is GSM based and tmobile is a GSM network provider so they work better. Storm 9530 is a CDMA device
    07-25-09 10:44 PM
    this should help explain why the networks are different

Wireless Carrier Compare T-Mobile-vs-AT&T Wireless-vs-Sprint-vs-Verizon Wireless

GSM vs CDMA basically, iphone is GSM based and tmobile is a GSM network provider so they work better. Storm 9530 is a CDMA device
    I was just about to say this. The Storm is a VZW/ CDMA device. End of story.
    07-25-09 10:52 PM
    hi: mordenxp

do you have a Storm in T-Mobile and you can browse internet normally with good reception?

you have a cellular tower in your backyard or how you do to do this?

:-)
    I live in Toronto on Telus network with full EVDO signal.

I can also travel outside of the city with same results. I guess it depends on your carrier.

If you are using an unlocked storm on a gsm network and getting EDGE...that might explain why it is slow. EDGE is not very fast...about 3x slower than 3g gsm or 3g evdo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mordenxp; 07-26-09 at 02:30 AM.
    07-26-09 02:28 AM
    thanks for "your help" definitely the Storm is not for me, I sold and buy a Iphone.

thanks
    07-28-09 08:45 AM
    I live in Toronto on Telus network with full EVDO signal.

I can also travel outside of the city with same results. I guess it depends on your carrier.
    :shrug: I'm on Telus (MTL). In the usual places where my old KRZR (also Telus) had 5-star reception and perfect voice quality, the Storm drops calls, has 1-bar signal and voices sound digitally compressed like 16kbps mp3 files. Roaming with the Storm on Verizon in New England is only marginally better.
    08-10-09 09:22 PM
    Bad device or OS could do that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD