I have Calendar options set to keep Appointments forever. I just discovered that all data prior to last week has been deleted. Recuring appointments are still there as I understand they are saved differently. I recall the BB Storm going blank and resetting itself awhile ago--not sure if the two events occurred at the same time. I have everything backed up except new appts. I will have to merge everything together when I get back to the computer that with the backup.

This is very disconcerting. This is something that plagued the Palm Treo and I thought would not occur on the Blackberry. Has anyone else experienced this?
    07-31-09 12:31 PM
    Same thing happens to me. It never did it on .75 but ever since I updated its been doing that.
    07-31-09 12:52 PM
    It did happen to me also before I upgraded the OS. I have a feeling that it is related to Free Memory being low. If that is indeed the reason, there should be some warning prior to getting too low.
    07-31-09 01:00 PM
    Below 12,000,000 bytes file free (see options > status) device may delete past events/msgs etc 2 regain memory. Regular battery pull/msg & call log entry deletion/browser cache clearing + fully closing out apps upon exit shd prevent.
    07-31-09 01:30 PM
    I have Calendar options set to keep Appointments forever. I just discovered that all data prior to last week has been deleted. Recuring appointments are still there as I understand they are saved differently. I recall the BB Storm going blank and resetting itself awhile ago--not sure if the two events occurred at the same time. I have everything backed up except new appts. I will have to merge everything together when I get back to the computer that with the backup.

This is very disconcerting. This is something that plagued the Palm Treo and I thought would not occur on the Blackberry. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Do you have Google Sync installed?
    07-31-09 05:35 PM
    I don't as Google is not my primary E Mail account
    07-31-09 05:48 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. I thought initially that it was due to the dm 5.0 so I downgraded to 4.7. Did the whole back up and restore thing and it was ok for a day but when I went to go sync the next day I had the same problem again. I've checked all my settings on my phone and on outlook and they're not supposed to erase any calendar events, but it still happens. I have my sync set so that I'm warned whenever a deletion will occur so I can cancel it, but now I can't sync new events. Not really sure what to do now, any suggestions?
    08-07-09 09:10 AM
    I was able to restore all old information.

I called Verizon tech support. They were unable to fully assist and connected me with Blackberry support. Advice was given that did not help but BB gave a case number and I called back. This time I was speaking to the next level tech person. He walked me through combining Calendars (Device Calendar had appts as well as my "main" calendar).

I did a one way synch from BB to Computer Outlook and then did a regular 2 way synch. Some info was duplicated but everything is now on device and on Outlook.
    08-07-09 11:03 AM
    I believe the issue is that as the memory leaks (as we are all familiar with BBerry) it sheds appointments and messages/logs. If you are synch'ing with Outlook it should not be lost. So if you do a synch it would ask you to confirm deleting many calendar items and you click re-synch and it puts it all back. The way to stop the memory leak from doing this is to do a battery pull (either manually on a daily basis or install the free app that schedules a daily "mock" battery pull). I have dealt with the same thing numerous time.
    08-07-09 11:21 AM
    It most probably is related to memory. I have lately been pulling the battery once or twice a day.

How do you schedule a "mock" battery pull?
    08-07-09 11:39 AM
    There is also a setting in DM on the Calendar Sync setup that tell it how to treat past Calendar Entries when it syncs. Make sure you have it set for All Calendar Entries, not just Future ones.
    08-07-09 11:41 AM
    This is driving plenty of us crazy over on the Google Calendar Sync help site. We report the problem, but nobody seems to care. Details at Calendar Sync is deleting events on my Google Calendar AND on my Blackberry - Google Mobile Help
    08-07-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD