This may sound stupid but, where is the alarm clock on the storm?
    04-12-09 09:55 AM
    Ummm...on the clock, tap the bottom of the screen, see a picture of a clock? Click it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 10:00 AM
    Thanx and if ur phone is off and the alarm is on, will the phone turn on to sound the alarm?
    04-12-09 10:09 AM
    The phone must be on for the alarm to work. Would you expect a regular alarm clock to work without power?

04-12-09 10:23 AM
    the only reason i was askin is because i was told that even if u turn a blackberry off it never actually turns off(if that makes any sense).
    04-12-09 10:45 AM
    You are correct scar. Set an alarm then go to home screen and hold the end / power key. You will see it say next on time with the time of your alarm.

If you want to test it, set an alarm for 5 minutes from now and turn off your phone. It should start beeping when the alarm was scheduled.

04-12-09 10:50 AM
    You should use bedside mode instead of turning it off

04-12-09 10:53 AM
    thanx tubbs
    04-12-09 10:54 AM
    what is bedside mode ? what does it do or what is the difference between normal clock and bedside mode clock ? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I never got this part figure out
    04-12-09 11:01 AM
    what is bedside mode ? what does it do or what is the difference between normal clock and bedside mode clock ? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I never got this part figure out
    Bedside mode shuts off the LED, and I believe all ringers except for your alarm in the AM, but it still keeps the phone active for use if need be
    04-12-09 11:08 AM
    The phone must be on for the alarm to work. Would you expect a regular alarm clock to work without power?

Actually this is incorrect. I occasionally turn mine off on weekends to get some peace from the constant emails. My alarm is set for weekdays, and Monday morning it turns on and the alarm goes off on time.

04-12-09 11:10 AM
    thanx tubbs
    NP scar

04-12-09 11:59 AM
    This thread is hilarious! Moviemogul has given a wonderful example of the reason you shouldn't make RTFM comments until you RTFM yourself.

First, we get these snarky little remarks.
    Ummm...on the clock, tap the bottom of the screen, see a picture of a clock? Click it
    Then dtubbs06 points out that the Storm does turn itself on when an alarm is set. MM them chimes in with more advice, albeit without the snarkiness.

You should use bedside mode instead of turning it off
    No explanation, just a statement. As we see in the next post, MM doesn't really know why he's giving this advice.

Bedside mode shuts off the LED, and I believe all ringers except for your alarm in the AM, but it still keeps the phone active for use if need be
    Actually, bedside mode can be configured by the user through the clock settings menu. It can be set to turn the radio and LED on or off, and dim the screen.

Of course, in bedside mode, your battery continues to drain. If you find yourself away from home, but don't have a charger, you can turn off your Storm and it will turn itself on in the morning for the alarm. (Of course, this probably doesn't happen to people who never get lucky.)
    04-12-09 02:02 PM
    The alarm on my Storm has stopped working. The dialogue box appears giving the option to snooze or disable, but no sound. I have not changed a thing. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
    04-24-09 08:53 AM
    The alarm on my Storm has stopped working. The dialogue box appears giving the option to snooze or disable, but no sound. I have not changed a thing. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Thanks in advance.
    Do all other notification sounds work (MMS, SMS, BBM, Phone, Calendar, etc)?

If so, try a battery pull.

And just to be safe, verify that your alarm sound is still setup Clock App > BB Button > Options. In Alarm section verify it has a Tune, volume not set to Silent, and set vibration off then click "Try it" button.

If still fails to play sound, I'm at a loss.
    04-24-09 04:25 PM
    I would like to know about this too. Got the girl and I both storms a couple months ago. Same symptoms. Her alarm has no sound if you set the pre loaded sounds but it goes off on the screen, just no sound. She can use her downloaded ring tones for alarm, but not the others. Any ideas on a fix would be great. Mine has been fine, I don't use alarm every day like her though, would it possibly be something to do with everyday use?
    04-27-09 04:02 AM
    Thanks dtubbs06 and hanselmanc for the reply. In a warped sense I'm glad hanselmanc your girl is having the same problem. Hitting the "Try It" button plays the sound, still no go at alarm time. Did a battery pull before posting and it helped for one time but reverted back to inoperative. Any guidance on how to contact RIM for help? Their website is a joke.
    04-27-09 10:00 AM
    I, too, have this same problem. I set my alarm to go off weekdays at the same time and have noticed that it will vibrate once and no sound will be made. Or, like this morning, it went off with one sound and that was it. I hit the snooze button, and it didn't go off after 5minutes, just the snooze on the screen again. After the 3rd time, it went off again with 2 rounds of tones and that was it.

I depended on my alarm on my SCH-U740 before I bought the storm and it was successful EVERY time, but I am worried that I will be late for work if I depend on this one.

Any ways of fixing this would be great, THANKS!
    04-27-09 10:13 AM
    i noticed that to only getting one vibration and one sound.. then i turned it to the Escalating sound.. and it worked nicely... i just changed it back last night to the highest volume.. and it works fine?
    04-27-09 10:33 AM
    Yeah, mine was set to escalating and it still did the random sound. I will try the highest volume and see if that works.
    04-27-09 11:21 AM

A tad naive.

10 yr old Nokias, turn themselfs on when the alarms go off.

Of course BBs do.
    04-27-09 11:24 AM
    For those of you with problems, what software version are you running? (Options > About 3rd line down on 1st screen)

I'm running 4.7.0.75 (I know I should upgrade to a leaked OS) and mine works fine. My alarm tones are as follows

Alarm Tune: Alarm_Antelope
    Snooze Time: 5 Min.
    Volume: 4
    Vibration: Off

Not sure why it would stop working all of a sudden for some of you, I hope mine doesn't stop.

Did you install any apps right before you noticed it stopped working?

I do have wuick pull installed, and set to reset my device every night, have those with issues tried this?

Edit: Just found this post
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/cal...-sound-212166/
    That says it could be the actual SOUND you choose that is the problem, maybe try a different sound and see if it works.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 04-27-09 at 03:45 PM.
    04-27-09 03:22 PM
    Tried mine again last night, but set another alarm on my old phone as back up just in case.

Seemed to work fine this morning.

I changed my settings to have the vibration turned off, set another tone, and turned the volume up to 10.

I am awake and at work on time today because of it! lol
    04-28-09 06:33 AM
    Its just amazing to me what smart phones can do. Bedside mode dims the light on the screen. I was getting emails through out the night. Sometimes they would wake me up. So now I either turn the phone off ( it gives you two options ) either turn the phone completely off. Or for it to turn back on when your alarm is set. Also in options there is a setting to turn your phone off and on at set times. Last but least if you are like me and have to keep your phone on you can set it to silent your alarms still on and you don't get bothered. Hope this helps.

04-28-09 09:37 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone else said this (I just didn't read everything) but I put my phone on silent b/c I tend to get a lot of emails that come through at like 12am (automated stuff). My alarm goes off as scheduled every morning, but I'm not bother with emails, texts or drunk friends calling in the middle of the night! LOL
    04-28-09 09:55 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD