Hi,

I became a pround owner of a STORM the other day and whilst unpeeling the screen protectors on it, i must have peeled one off too slowly or something because a tiny air bubble appeared in the middle of the screen, it is minute but enough to really annoy me, especially as i have only just got it and it has to be with me for over a year.... Is this too small a problem to return this phone or is there a way to get rid off it other ways?

thanks for any responses
    01-22-09 11:24 AM
    Just remove the protector on the screen. The air bubble isn't on the screen itself there is a small film over the screen that is applied to protect the screen while being shipped around to different stores. There is no need to keep it on though.
    01-22-09 11:25 AM
    The screen is glass, so no bubble there. Many storms have 2-3 sheets of plastic over the glass for shipping. Mine had two.

Seems silly overkill because it confuses people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 11:36 AM
    This is another one of those threads, isn't it?

OP It's just a screen shipping protector.. remove it
    01-22-09 11:38 AM
    Yeah, it's under the plastic screen protector. I had the same thing on mine when I received it. If you want to keep the screen protector on the phone, you can just use your thumb or finger to force the bubble to the edge where it will flatten out. That's what I did.

Edit: Or you can remove the screen protector all together like others have suggested.
    01-22-09 11:40 AM
    ok thanks... so just to check (so i dont ruin it completely lol) there is a screen protector already on here (besides the 2 that were on it when i unwrapped)...?

Doe's the actual screen scratch easy or is it scratch proof like the i touch screen? If its prone to scratching id rather live with the air bubble i think. Thanks
    01-22-09 11:40 AM
    ok thanks... so just to check (so i dont ruin it completely lol) there is a screen protector already on here (besides the 2 that were on it when i unwrapped)...?

Doe's the actual screen scratch easy or is it scratch proof like the i touch screen? If its prone to scratching id rather live with the air bubble i think. Thanks
    I've read many posts that say the glass is very scratch resistant and many people claim that the image quality is much better after removing the protector. I for one am kind of anal about certain things, so I left mine on and actually bought new ones after I kinked a corner of the original.
    01-22-09 11:43 AM
    its just another screen protector a screen cannot bubble up .
    01-22-09 12:10 PM
    lol... Do we really need 10 people telling this guy that it's a screen protector and to remove it?
    01-22-09 12:12 PM
    Lol Jokes..... cheers guys for all the responses.

I managed to get the air bubble out n e ways + i think il just leave the cover on till it scratches up a bit as well, if its clear enough for me not to even realise it was a screen protector then thers no harm in that i think. Thanks again.
    01-22-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD