Hey are you guys able to sign into AIM via your storm currently? I keep getting an error everytime I try. It just says internal error has occurred. Any advice?
    12-10-08 01:46 PM
    mine works fine... try doing a battery pull. if that doesn't work uninstall aim and reinstall it again.
    12-10-08 02:54 PM
    It won't let me sign into AIM either on my storm. Every time it says invalid name or password, when i know for a fact they are right because i use the same ones on my computer. I have deleted and reinstalled AIM around 5 times and it still won't work. Anybody else have the same problems or know how to fix this?
    12-10-08 02:58 PM
    I've had my Storm for almost three weeks now and my AIM just started getting the Internal error yesterday. I tried changing the permission settings along with logging out of AIM on my PC, but those didn't help. I uninstalled AIM through the desktop manager and found something interesting. There were two AOL "headings" under applications, both the exact same version. One was the very first application listed and the second was way at the bottom of the list. I had to check both AOL applications to remove both and then reinstalled. When I reinstalled only one AOL appeared in the application list and now my AIM seems to work. Maybe check to see if you have two AOL applications listed and remove both and then try to reinstall?

I also have two applications listed for MSN Live and Yahoo messenger, again both listings are the exact same version. As you can tell I'm not very tech literate, so I'm not sure if having two listings under applications makes a difference or not.
    12-15-08 08:09 AM
    I've been using AIM since day 1 and no issues here.
    12-15-08 08:14 AM
    every now and then the AIM servers cause those problems. I had similar issues a few days after getting my Storm, but lately for nearly a week all has been working well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 08:41 AM
    I am in the process of searching this forum now, I can't seem to log into AIM at all. I un installed and reinstalled aim on the phone. but when I click the icon in the apps folder it doesn't do anything at all.
    12-20-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD