Hey I am trying to find a AIM app, That i can just download to my pc and transfer over to my Storm using the usb cord. The reason i am saying i need to download it to my pc is because i dont have internet on my phone. And AIM will be consider as texting and i have unlimited texting but can not find the AIM app. to download.
    07-13-10 01:18 AM
    Do you have to have the most recent version because I can try to get the file off of my Storm sometime this week for you if that isn't a problem.
    07-13-10 02:45 AM
    Trillion has a desktop download google it, but I think you're mistaken, I highly doubt aim is considered like txt. Whatever, best of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 08:44 AM
    Oh, But if i sign on to trillian and just stay signed on, Wont the only charge me once and just consider the messages as txt. Because my old phone has AIM already on it and the messages where consider as txts.

But when i try to get sign on to some applications that require the internet it says..

There is no network connection available. Please check your phone settings are try again later..

I am wondering is it saying this because the phone is unlocked? And i am using T-mobile. I mean the internet would work on my old phone but it wasn't a PDA phone. I did not have internet but it still would pull up though.
    07-13-10 09:29 AM
    With VZW I'm pretty sure that AIM messages are considered like texts because before I moved into the smart phone realm, my old phone use to say that it would charge 10 cents or what ever for a message and it would be listed as a text message charge if I didn't have any texting plan. I had a texting plan and I don't remember seeing any extra charges.
    07-13-10 12:28 PM
    With VZW I'm pretty sure that AIM messages are considered like texts because before I moved into the smart phone realm, my old phone use to say that it would charge 10 cents or what ever for a message and it would be listed as a text message charge if I didn't have any texting plan. I had a texting plan and I don't remember seeing any extra charges.
    Yeah you are correct with that. I have T-mobile and i am using T-mobile in the "Storm" And AIM is consider as text when you send a message..

But for some reason i can not get internet connection on my "Storm" Do I have to have the blackberry data plan in order for the internet to work on the storm? Because when i had a regular phone i did not have a data plan but i could get on the internet but of course i would be charged.
    07-13-10 12:38 PM
    But for some reason i can not get internet connection on my "Storm" Do I have to have the blackberry data plan in order for the internet to work on the storm? Because when i had a regular phone i did not have a data plan but i could get on the internet but of course i would be charged.
    Yes you need a data plan to get on the internet. How could you be living with your Storm without data. I think the reason behind regular phones being able to get on the internet is because carriers realized that browsing the web on dumb phones is ........ well just plain dumb, so they just try and make a quick buck from those who try and use that feature.
    07-13-10 02:01 PM
    Ohh dang that sucks because I dont have the data plan. Well I just got the blackberry for 70 dollars and it was unlocked and is in very good condition. But the internet just would not work and i was wondering could there be something wrong but i guess not sense i know you have to have the data plan in-order for it to work.

As far as AIM goes i just use the AIM on my desktop and set my away to Mobile for now sense i do not have internet.
    07-13-10 04:16 PM
    I'm almost sure AIM on VZW uses data, not texts. Maybe the Verizon customer service could help you.
    07-14-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD