ran into an odd problem I could use some help with. I am using an unlocked 9530 Storm on T-Mobile, prior to unlocking the phone the AIM application was there, after I unlocked it, it vanished, nowhere to be found! I do not currently have data/internet on the phone right now and can't redownload it over the air, the main AIM web site download doesn't seem to work, I come to the screen where it says Next and clicking it does nothing? (Downloading via desktop computer)

Anyone know why it disappeared / how I can get it back / where I can download another version of it.

OR does it not even matter because can the phone not run AIM without data? my previous phone the Pearl ran it fine via the program without data

THANKS!!!
    11-23-09 08:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure you need data for AIM
    11-23-09 08:55 AM
    You need data for AIM on the Storm, and most later devices, as the AIM app does not use your SMS allotment, it uses data only now. On your old device it probably used SMS.
    11-23-09 09:05 AM
    I never get why people want to use these phones with no data plan?????
    11-23-09 09:53 AM
    ran into an odd problem I could use some help with. I am using an unlocked 9530 Storm on T-Mobile, prior to unlocking the phone the AIM application was there, after I unlocked it, it vanished, nowhere to be found! I do not currently have data/internet on the phone right now and can't redownload it over the air, the main AIM web site download doesn't seem to work, I come to the screen where it says Next and clicking it does nothing? (Downloading via desktop computer)

Anyone know why it disappeared / how I can get it back / where I can download another version of it.

OR does it not even matter because can the phone not run AIM without data? my previous phone the Pearl ran it fine via the program without data

THANKS!!!
    Sorry it's dependent on you having a BB Data plan, so even if you got it installed it will still not work.
    11-23-09 04:34 PM
    damn, well thanks for the answers

p.s. I'm a broke college kid and put my money into living expenses, don't have the extra cash to get data yet, I got the storm for free also. obviously I would LIKE to use data.
    11-23-09 05:49 PM
    BTW carrierunlock thanks for the code for the unlock, u guys are great
    11-23-09 05:50 PM
    damn, well thanks for the answers

p.s. I'm a broke college kid and put my money into living expenses, don't have the extra cash to get data yet, I got the storm for free also. obviously I would LIKE to use data.
    Hey I have been there. T-Mobile offers the $20 email plan dunno if you could get a discount for the school you to go. I know when I was going I got a discount off my bill for just going to the school I went with AT&T.

BTW carrierunlock thanks for the code for the unlock, u guys are great
    Hey no problems. Always glad to help
    11-23-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD