Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disappointed

2 4.17%
  • Satisfied

34 70.83%
  • Wating for Storm 2

12 25.00%
    Just wondering because usually with a device like this, there's a ton of hype, people get very excited when the device first comes out, then all the furvor dies down and people start to wait for the next great thing. So just wondering what everyone expects to happen after owning the device for a month. I'm hoping I'll be satisfied and won't need to get another device for a long while.
    11-04-08 12:43 PM
    In the end, it'll be a Blackberry and I'll have all the features I want. I don't think I ever want to look at another pre-release thread for anything after this, however; I am already going crazy once doing this now.
    11-04-08 12:48 PM
    I will still be enjoying it; will probably be at the point where I am just getting where I have all the little nuances figured out to suit my need. Well til the Storm 2 comes out with a 4" screen.............................
    After a month nah.............
    No boredom here.
    11-04-08 12:52 PM
    Well til the Storm 2 comes out with a 4" screen...
    Wow I'm sorry... I just glazed over...
    11-04-08 12:55 PM
    Just a wish...................
    11-04-08 12:57 PM
    I agree, this will be my very first BB device. The first month will be having me awkwardly trying to figure out all the tips and tricks on the Storm. After that first month, I'm sure i'll be real fluent with the device. So definitely no boredom here...untill the end of my 2yr contact, then i'll be itching for something even more fancy. But of course that always seems to be the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 12:59 PM
    I agree, this will be my very first BB device. The first month will be having me awkwardly trying to figure out all the tips and tricks on the Storm. After that first month, I'm sure i'll be real fluent with the device. So definitely no boredom here...untill the end of my 2yr contact, then i'll be itching for something even more fancy. But of course that always seems to be the case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I expect we will all be finding out something new to do with device every single day and will be posting here on crackberry.
    11-04-08 01:02 PM
    Honestly starting to case less and elss thanks to all the "release date speculations".
    11-04-08 01:08 PM
    Seriously though... it takes me a long time to get bored with a device like this. I had a Palm m130 that I used for a few years and loved it. I finally stopped because the touch screen was rubbed raw from the stylus. What keeps it interesting is adding new programs and figuring out how to do even more stuff with it.
    11-04-08 01:11 PM
    i'm starting to REALLY consider waiting for the Storm 2. i mean i'm sure the storm will be great and all, but any issues that will be found in the first storm should be ironed out by storm 2 -- and hopefully in a nicer package (slimmer, thinner, sleeker body). i might just hold out because at this rate, waiting another year for a much better product (according the CX the 2nd gen storm will blow the 1st one out of the water) doesn't seem like much more.

(i may be biased because i'm looking for a phone that will last me a while. for those of you who upgrade every year, you will probably think differently.)
    11-04-08 01:18 PM
    Where is all of this Storm 2 talk coming from? I HATE rumors and speculation I swear. Can we get the FIRST one in our pockets before we start planning and prepping for the next one>?

Thanks.
    11-04-08 01:22 PM
    Where is all of this Storm 2 talk coming from? I HATE rumors and speculation I swear. Can we get the FIRST one in our pockets before we start planning and prepping for the next one>?

Thanks.
    Here:
    BlackBerry super-phone in the works, Storm 2 and 3 coming soon : Boy Genius Report

and posts by CX alluding to this.
    11-04-08 01:23 PM

Thanks.
    Seriously! What's funny is I HATE all this speculation talk, but I can't stop myself from refreshing the page every 5 seconds...
    11-04-08 01:24 PM
    i'm starting to REALLY consider waiting for the Storm 2. i mean i'm sure the storm will be great and all, but any issues that will be found in the first storm should be ironed out by storm 2 -- and hopefully in a nicer package (slimmer, thinner, sleeker body).
    I know there is a part of me that agrees with you. The reality though is when the Storm drops, I will not have the self control to wait another few months for the Storm II to come out.

4" screen you say?

<sigh>
    11-04-08 01:33 PM
    Well if they do release a Storm 2, I hope the earliest would be a year, does anyone think it would be any sooner? Not that it matters because it won;t change my plans on getting the 1st one that isn't even out yet..
    11-04-08 01:47 PM
    Is this seriously a poll asking us how we're going to feel a month from now about a device we haven't even touched in person yet? Are you from...the future?!
    PS. I forsee myself loving my storm for a long time, until a year has passed and I can get my early discount pricing again...
    11-04-08 02:37 PM
    well I didnt answer because my thoughts weren't there. I was thinking maybe in a month I would be confused lol!! still trying to figure it out if it's here. And I hope that I'm not too hyped up like the pp said. because that is what happens we wait and wait and build up a phone or anything really and it is kinda disappointing. so i hope that's not the case here.
    11-04-08 02:58 PM
    Being that I won't be able to take advantage of my NE2 or even my 1-yr "VZW Account" discount until Feburary, it'll give me enough time to hear/see the reviews and decide if waiting for the Storm II will be a viable option. So, I guess I'm "lucky" that I have to wait?! (Okay...backwards thinking, but I gotta take what I can get! )
    11-04-08 03:00 PM
    By the time the STORM II comes out we will all be ready for an upgrade anyway............................
    Yeah a 4" screen would be nice don't u think...............
    HTC has one............................................... ...................
    11-04-08 05:42 PM
    By the time the STORM II comes out we will all be ready for an upgrade anyway............................
    Yeah a 4" screen would be nice don't u think...............
    HTC has one............................................... ...................
    Eh... even if it's out sooner than that, I'm sure that Storm 1 is going to have enough lovin' to last me until I can upgrade again.
    11-04-08 08:51 PM
    I'm looking soooo forward to having a full QWERTY keyboard available. Both of my previous Berry's 7130 & 8130 have had the condensed SureType keyboard.
    11-04-08 09:21 PM
    I think the heavy users will be disappointed.

I have had 5 different touch screen pda/phones, treo's, ppc's, etc. All but one also had keyboards. This has been over the span of about four years.

I have had the 8830 for only a week; however, I realized the first day that I will never own a touch screen device again. Blackberry had it right the first time with the track ball and software structure.

productivity>flash
    11-05-08 10:56 AM
    I'm waiting for the Storm 26. By then, it'll be EVERYTHING I could ever possibly hope for in a phone! ;-)
    11-05-08 11:22 AM
    I have an 8830 and like it but would like more memory and larger screen which the Storm fills... However; I do like the Trackball for moving a round and that's the only thing I might miss if I switch

j
    11-05-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD