wife purchased 2 CELLTENNA from those "AS SEEN ON TV" commercials. We get pretty much good reception except for when using certain apps like Pandora, i notice that the signal bar goes down to 1 and Pandora would stop streaming on and off.

Would it be a wise choice to install this
    08-26-09 11:21 PM
    My advice is to blow your nose with some dollar bills and discard, but then again you just did by purchasing that junk. Those things are a scam and have been around for several years now. I'm surprised people still fall for them . I'm sure sellers post their junk on certain forums as there were several threads on the lg voyager about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 11:36 PM
    Are you talking about those little patches that look like a little coil of wire that you stick on the back of your phone?

If so, see if your wife can get her money back. They are a waste of money and will do nothing for your reception.

If on the other hand, you are talking about the bi-directional amplifiers that you put one antenna outside as a "donor" antenna and then put an antenna inside your house, they work great provided you have enough "donor" signal.
    08-26-09 11:41 PM
    If your having issues with the data signal try dialing *22899 from the phone and let it program and see if that helps

08-27-09 03:13 AM
    thanks for all the comments guys ...
    08-27-09 05:47 AM
    Agreed those little sticker things you put on that back of the phone do nothing.
    08-27-09 08:14 AM
    Agreed those little sticker things you put on that back of the phone do nothing.
    I'm surprised that the FTC hasn't shut them down as a fraud. But then, they still allow those commercials on some cable channels selling products guaranteed to "enhance a certain part of the male anatomy" (with the lines spoken by an attractive young woman).
    Last edited by CharlesH; 08-29-09 at 04:23 PM.
    08-29-09 04:21 PM
    Attractive and young?!! I guess we weren't watching the same tv ad

08-29-09 05:27 PM
    They do something!

They reflect part of your outgoing signal at the same frequency as your incoming signal, so they basically might trick your phone into thinking it's in a better coverage area with more signal, but it's really just receiving "bounced" signal back from itself.

It's all placebo, it makes you go "Wow I have more bars now!" but most people equate "bars" to their quality of signal, which it isn't.
    08-29-09 08:17 PM
    Ok they may do "something" but certainly not beneficial. No point in fooling the device that there's more coverage than the actual reception. All in all useless

08-29-09 08:34 PM
    If your having issues with the data signal try dialing *22899 from the phone and let it program and see if that helps

I gave a try. I notice nothing.
    08-30-09 06:41 AM
    You can always cut a pretty pattern out of a gum wrapper and tape it to your battery door.

Honestly though, there isn't anything aside from an actual power boost, or a true antenna upgrage (meaning an upgrade to the antenna from the transmitters output, not a gimmic coil) that would increase the preformance of your phone.
    08-30-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD