I'm thinking of downloading quickpull and scheduling daily battery pulls instead of using softreset. Are there any negative long-term effects of restarting the phone once a day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 11:26 PM
    I have been useing the quick pull program for about a month, I havnt seen any negitave effects from it. I still have to do a battery pull from time to time due to software issues. So i would sugest useing the quick pull or something like it and doing a real batt pull every few days also.
    05-10-09 11:47 PM
    quickpull is a fantastic way to stay away from having to do a battery pull for a little bit... but for some reason or another, doing a physical battery pull feels pretty good. maybe its a mind thing... i dunno..
    05-11-09 12:22 AM
    I'm thinking of downloading quickpull and scheduling daily battery pulls instead of using softreset. Are there any negative long-term effects of restarting the phone once a day?

No, there aren't any negative long term effects. I dont see much difference in pulling the battery and having an app that does it for you.
    05-11-09 12:34 AM
    Heres my question...

Say I have an alarm set. Will a batt pull erase my alarm setting?
    05-11-09 12:42 AM
    Nope. I do my daily battery pull after I set my alarm every night

05-11-09 12:55 AM
    I have to battery pull at least once a day due to freezing, but I just think that it's unfair for blackberry owners like us to have to accept battery pulls as just something storm owners have to contend with.

I like my storm and will continue to use it, but it just irks me that in order to even use a storm, you have to deal with stupid battery pull resets daily. You'd think RIM would make a phone that doesn't need DAILY resets. I can't think of any other phone that I've ever owned that needed to be rest daily.
    05-11-09 02:06 AM
    I haven't seen any adverse effects from using quickpull on a nightly schedule. I have good batt life IMHO. YMMV

05-11-09 02:12 AM
    I'm on my third Storm and I've rarely done a battery pull...and my phone runs absolutely fine, no lag, no random resets for freezes. Only problems have been the screen click and dust. Seems to me that it's the users not the phone. But that's just my opinion.
    05-11-09 02:16 AM
    I hardly ever do battery pulls anymore on my 141.
    I do use Meterberry's RESET button every few days, when neccesary, but not out of habit. If my memory drops too low (i dont check it like an obsessed freak) for performance, I change themes back and forth, the OS somehow recovers 20+ MB when I change themes
    05-11-09 03:32 AM
    Been using QP for about 4 months... Works Great. No Negatives IMHO. I haven't done a physical pull since I dld QP. Go for it! You can't beat the price!
    05-11-09 06:32 AM
    ALL blackberry models require battery pulls periodically. It is not JUST a storm issue.

05-11-09 08:09 AM
    Heres my question...

Say I have an alarm set. Will a batt pull erase my alarm setting?
    No it wont erase anything.
    05-11-09 10:59 AM
    ALL blackberry models require battery pulls periodically. It is not JUST a storm issue.

What he said.

Use Quick Pull and schedule it to reset while you are sleeping every night. You won't have to worry about it again and some of you can get your blood pressure back down to healthy limits LOL.
    05-11-09 11:12 AM
    Quick question that is somewhat on topic (maybe...) is there any qualitative difference between doing a physical battery pull and having something like MeterBerry do a reset?
    05-11-09 11:20 AM
    Been using QP and have had no issues, even on .132 ....
    05-11-09 11:30 AM
    I also use Quick Pull. Haven't had to do a battery pull for some time now. I just scheduled it to do a reset during the night. one less thing to do in the morning. just fyi.
    05-11-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD