So I purchased a 1.5TB drive and set out to rip all my CD that I have been collecting since the 80's. I decided to put some of these CD's on my Storm. I opened the handy dandy DM and clicked on the media sync, but I would be damned if I could not figure any way to import specific albums. I can sync all (I have way too much to do that) or recently changed. But how the hizzy do I import only specific albums? Do I simply open the music sync folder on the memory card on my computer desktop and drag them over? If this is the case, why is the BB music sync program so lame?
    01-19-10 01:05 AM
    You open the sync app on your desktop computer and it will load an cached stations onto your SD card. This way, when you're on and airplane or somewhere you don't have service and you want to listen to Slacker, you can pull up your "Cached Stations" list and listen to pre-recorded stations. Kinda makes Slacker into an MP3 player with ads.
    01-19-10 06:57 AM
    does that work on all radio apps like.. pandora?
    01-19-10 07:03 AM
    Drag n drop works great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 07:11 AM
    If you only want a single album, I think drag & drop is the way to go. No need to add lots of extra layers. I've only used media sync tools that import existing playlists like from Windows Media or iTunes.
    01-19-10 08:33 AM
    Under Options > Memory > Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode select "Prompt", now when you connect your device select "No" then open your device directly using the drive windows asigned to it. You can navigate to the music folder that you ripped and copy/paste directly to the device without using media sync.
    01-19-10 04:06 PM
    Actually you need to select YES to the prompt in Mass Media for it to show as a drive on the PC, and then just drag and drop.
    01-19-10 11:53 PM
    How do you import from iTunes? I haven't been successful in even fiding the location to pull them from. i can load whole cd's or mp3's i have elsewhere, but no clue on the iTunes. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!

also, my dm seems pretty darn slow when i am in the media manager. is this normal, or is there something i can do to speed the thing up?

thank you VERY much!!
    01-20-10 07:16 AM
    Media Sync syncs with iTunes and Windows Media Player no problem. You can also sync all or sync specific folders (albums, artist, etc. however you have you media organized). I have no problems using Media Sync, but if you do, drag and drop will always work. iTunes media is in My Documents/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music. You should have a whole bunch of folders in there that have all you music. It's usually organized by artist.
    01-20-10 09:20 AM
    I've recently started using the free program Media Monkey to sync songs on my iPods sice iTunes has started dropping the last 10 seconds or so of the songs I transfer onto my older iPods. Media Monkey works perfectly getting songs on my iPods as well as my Storm. It will not wotk getting songs on the two iPod Touches in the house so I still use iTunes for those.
    01-20-10 11:41 AM
    How can I share music between my iPod and my Blackberry?
    01-25-10 02:16 AM
    I do it all manually. I have all my music in itunes then do manual syncs with my 80gb ipod. Then when I want to move music to my Storm I either attach Storm to laptop via USB or pull my 16gb microsd card out and use a reader.....

Then navigate to music in itunes (my music/itunes/music...) and manually pick out (drag and drop) what I want.
    01-25-10 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD