Running a .328 OS on my 9530 BBStorm
    Have A SD Card for the music

What do i need to do to put songs onto the phone from my computer?
    Is it a memory hog to RIP Cds i own and put them on it?
    Can you use iTunes?
    Where is the best place to DL Music for the BB?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by shoemana; 01-12-10 at 11:28 AM.
    01-12-10 11:26 AM
    All you need is the phone in mass storage mode to drag and drop music.

It depends on how many songs you put, if you fill up the SD card space that's all you get.
    Last edited by cdowner; 01-12-10 at 11:37 AM.
    01-12-10 11:29 AM
    Also, in Desktop Manager there is a Media manger area. This uses Raxio for media transfers. If you are going right from a CD there is an Import from CD area. It's a split screen showing your library on top and your phone on the bottom.
    01-12-10 11:45 AM
    but would dragging songs ripped from a CD take up more space then say a .mp3 from iTunes?

can u even take songs from iTunes?
    01-12-10 11:50 AM
    It depends at what quality you rip them at. Songs ripped at 128 will take up less space than a cd ripped at 320. Itunes I think has a quality of 128 or 256, but I can't remember.
    01-12-10 12:19 PM
    It all would depend on what file type you convert the audio to when you rip it from the CD. You can convert it to MP3, WMA, what ever file type you want to use that the phone will support. Besides, I have over 600 songs on my SD card and have only used up a little over 4MB of the 8MB.I know I have a combination of MP3 and WMA files and I do not use iTunes.
    01-12-10 12:20 PM
    When you 'rip' a CD you are 'ripping' audio from the CD to a digital file, typically, as an MP3. So 'ripping' CDs or synching MP3s from your PC is essentially the same.

As someone stated - most media applications (iTunes, WMP, RealPlayer) have settings for the quality/size of the MP3s you rip. The better the quality the larger the file size. Let your ears be the judge but either way you should be able to fit a whole bunch of MP3s on a 8GB memory card.

Once you have the MP3s on your PC the task it to get them onto the BB. As someone said, you can just plug you BB Storm into your computer and then open the memory card under Windows My Computer. It should show up like any other removable storage device. Then just drag and drop you MP3 files from your PC to the Storm. Disconnect and go.

You can also use a number of media organizers to make this synching process a little more user friendly. If you organize you MP3s with Windows Media Player, Roxio Media or RealPlayer it is possible to drag and drop music directly within those applications to your connected Storm as all of those applications recognized the Storm when attached.

If you uses iTunes I think it is a bit more complicated as there is no direct link in iTunes to copy music to your Storm. I don't use iTunes but from what I understand you have to create play lists in iTunes and then transfer those outside of iTunes using BB Desktop Manager - Media Sync.
    01-12-10 12:36 PM
    Thank you guys. Appreciate the detailed and fast replys. Loving CB.com so far
    01-12-10 12:57 PM
    Thank you guys. Appreciate the detailed and fast replys. Loving CB.com so far
    you can use BB media sync to add itunes songs to your BB. I also have a free open source itunes sync tool that offers some unique functionality. MikeDePaul.com - Stuff I made: Utilties, Apps & Source Code / Home
    Last edited by BSG75; 01-13-10 at 07:26 PM.
    01-13-10 11:03 AM
    If you purchase songs from itunes make sure you get ones WITHOUT DRM (Digital Rights Management)
    01-13-10 01:54 PM
    I have some music I purchased from iTunes with DRM (Digital Rights Management) and they will not transfer to my BB. Does anyone one know of a tool that will alow me to transfer this music to my BB or am I stuck with repurchasing the music without DRM? Does anyone know of a quick way to determine if a song or songs have DRM before purchasing them from iTunes?
    01-17-10 07:44 PM
    I have some music I purchased from iTunes with DRM (Digital Rights Management) and they will not transfer to my BB. Does anyone one know of a tool that will alow me to transfer this music to my BB or am I stuck with repurchasing the music without DRM? Does anyone know of a quick way to determine if a song or songs have DRM before purchasing them from iTunes?
    Burn the music to a CD and reimport it, takes off the DRM.
    01-29-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD