I cannot seem to find what the actual specs for the Thunder are and it would be nice if someone could post this info... I realize that at this point, most info is speculative.

Without piecing numerous threads, all I've been able to glean is ...

RIM BlackBerry Thunder specs, features, and information (Phone Arena)

Does anyone know what the camera specs are, or what the processor speed is?

[Edit] I found these specs after posting this.. I got these specs from here... BlackBerry Sync | get in sync with the latest BlackBerry news | Archive | Thunder / 9500

Apparently Thunder users will be able to download music over the air via Rhapsody. Other details of the Thunder include 3.2 megapixel camera, Haptic technology for touch screen, full QWERTY and Suretype touch screen keyboard, 360�480 touch display and OS 4.7.
    Also, is there someplace that discusses the differences of the newer OS for this phone?

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but I've failed to find a thread about specific specs.
    Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-13-08 at 09:22 PM.
    08-13-08 08:29 PM
    I've heard 3.5 or 5 megapixel camera.

1Gb of internal memory and 10GB.

Obviously multi touch.

However I can confirm that it will be 170 (250 - 70MIR) for new customers only.
    08-13-08 09:00 PM
    +1...I heard the same back and forth crap as well, just not about the pricing.
    08-13-08 09:17 PM
    I've heard 3.5 or 5 megapixel camera.

1Gb of internal memory and 10GB.

Obviously multi touch.

However I can confirm that it will be 170 (250 - 70MIR) for new customers only.
    I think you mean $180. And I heard $250 after $70 MIR. 10GB what? I assume it will be compatible with up to 16GB microSD cards (as they are coming out). And what exactly will RIM multitouch be? Will it be exactly the same as Apple's iPhone multitouch or will it be new gestures?
    08-13-08 09:23 PM
    I think you mean $180. And I heard $250 after $70 MIR. 10GB what? I assume it will be compatible with up to 16GB microSD cards (as they are coming out). And what exactly will RIM multitouch be? Will it be exactly the same as Apple's iPhone multitouch or will it be new gestures?
    Ya sorry 180 (was thinking 179 :P) and I mean 10Gb of internal memory or 1GB. And the multitouch no one knows.
    08-13-08 10:26 PM
    Someone just posted this on the forums

Latest version of the official blackberry OS "version 4.6" for most newer Blackberry models like the Bold 9000 Meteor and the 9500 Thunder
    June 10 2008 - OS Version 4.0.0.95 release 16 - codenamed: 4.6.0.60

New features in 4.6 include

* Richer BlackBerry Browser Rendering
    o
    �AJAX
    �JavaScript 1.5
    �CSS 2.1
    �DOM L2 (including Core, HTML, Style, Events)
    �HTML 4.01 (including Forms, Maps, Tables, Frames, Objects)
    �XMLHttpRequest
    � Integrated Go To, Search, Bookmarks, and History Launch Screen
    � Easy Zooming
    � Pointer Controls
    � Optimized Page Layout
    � Quality Fonts
    * Scrolling Down with the Trackball
    * Click Trackball to Zoom In, Click in to Further Zoom in
    * BlackBerry� Device Software 4.6 includes :
    �Music Sync - a synchronization application for selecting and transferring music from a computer to a BlackBerry smartphone
    �Clock application � the evolution of the alarm application
    �Setup Wizard 2.0 � a new look and improved features
    �Support for grayscale and reverse contrast display
    �Option to select Home screen grid size
    �Support for continuous spell checking
    �Numerous enhancements to existing BlackBerry smartphone applications and features

�The BlackBerry 9000 smartphone - phone, camera, Wi-Fi� network access, email messaging, browser, instant messaging, GPS, multimedia and organizer, all in one very cool package
    �Next generation half VGA 480x320 display
    �1 GB on board memory for multimedia content accessible through mass storage mode, plus 128 MB flash memory for BlackBerry smartphone user data
    �High capacity, slim 1500 mAhr battery
    �Tri-band UMTS: 2100/1900/850 allowing for simultaneous voice and data
    �3.6 Mbps HSDPA
    �Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    �Wi-Fi� technology (802.11a/b/g)
    �GPS
    �Built-in light-sensing technology automatically adjusts screen and keyboard brightness for indoors or outdoors
    �New option to remove Home screen icons
    �Reverse contrast display
    �Grayscale display
    �User-selectable Home screen grid size
    �Automatic Home screen icon highlight resizing
    �Create and edit playlists directly in the Media application on the BlackBerry� 9000 smartphone
    �Now select specific criteria and view an automatic playlist displaying songs that meet the criteria specified

* Simultaneous voice/data
    SMS Text Compose UI Updates
    �Eliminate the Address Book step for composing SMS
    �Provide method to add recipients in SMS similar to Email To: field
    �Update Compose SMS UI to be consistent with Email
    08-13-08 10:27 PM
    Ya sorry 180 (was thinking 179 :P) and I mean 10Gb of internal memory or 1GB. And the multitouch no one knows.
    Less my $100 new every two
    08-13-08 11:31 PM
    Good stuff people, but does anyone know what the processor speed is?

Is it the same as the Bold, I hope, or more inline with the Javelin?

Dennis
    Last edited by dlt123; 08-14-08 at 01:48 AM.
    08-14-08 12:28 AM
    Someone just posted this on the forums
    With the mention of GSM and HSDPA I would think those are stats for the Bold since the Thunder is coming to Verizon which is CDMA... just a thought though. Nice info on 4.6 though if it's true.
    08-14-08 01:16 AM
    With the mention of GSM and HSDPA I would think those are stats for the Bold since the Thunder is coming to Verizon which is CDMA... just a thought though. Nice info on 4.6 though if it's true.
    Well damn you work for Verizon try to get us some info
    08-14-08 01:48 AM
    Man, alot of you ppl are going to be VERY surprised when this device is released.
    You guys really need a better source for your information.
    08-14-08 03:49 AM
    Man, alot of you ppl are going to be VERY surprised when this device is released.
    What is that supposed to mean? Good surprised or bad surprised?
    08-14-08 07:08 AM
    Has anyone seen whether the screen resolution will be 16 bit or 24 bit technology?

Dennis
    08-14-08 11:18 AM
    What is that supposed to mean? Good surprised or bad surprised?
    Good Surprised!
    08-14-08 11:36 AM
    Love This Phone!
    08-14-08 12:51 PM
    I just want one question answered by the insiders before the phone is released. Will it be better than the Iphone? Please don't say its a matter of opinion.
    08-14-08 08:23 PM
    I just want one question answered by the insiders before the phone is released. Will it be better than the Iphone? Please don't say its a matter of opinion.
    08-14-08 08:26 PM
    Ok, more questions. Will the Thunder have MIDP3 and Flashlite3?
    08-14-08 08:58 PM
    Ok, more questions. Will the Thunder have MIDP3 and Flashlite3?
    I may be one of the few who do not know, but what are these? I've not heard of either before.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    08-15-08 06:15 PM
    By the end of this month we should start seeing some good info about the Thunder. VZW is supposed to start a big campaign with RIM for this phone in September. I just want to see the OS in action!
    08-16-08 01:06 AM
    BlackBerry Bump: No one knows what the processor speed is yet?

.. does anyone know what the processor speed is?
    Dennis
    08-16-08 02:00 PM
    Oh, oh... Blackberry Bump... again...

Has anyone seen whether the screen resolution will be 16 bit or 24 bit technology?

Dennis
    08-16-08 02:01 PM

J_MC if I may ask, what is your take on the iPhone? How does it compare to the BB 9500?

Don't mean to put you on the spot, I am just curious what your feelings are for the iPhone.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    08-17-08 01:20 AM
    Well, I do not like the iphone whatsoever. The only thing I would say I wish a RIM device had that Apple does, is the App Store. Just to have the number of apps that Apple has available would be nice.
    I can't really compare these devices without getting into trouble. But I will say, although I know it won't be enough for everyone, is that I would surely take a 9500 over a 3G Iphone. It is getting closer to launch, so more and more information should be leaking out soon... It just won't be from me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 12:52 PM
    Well, I do not like the iphone whatsoever. The only thing I would say I wish a RIM device had that Apple does, is the App Store. Just to have the number of apps that Apple has available would be nice.
    I can't really compare these devices without getting into trouble. But I will say, although I know it won't be enough for everyone, is that I would surely take a 9500 over a 3G Iphone. It is getting closer to launch, so more and more information should be leaking out soon... It just won't be from me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for your appraisal, your posts have been inspiring to say the least.

If you happen to find or see somewhere where it discusses the processor speed, could you point us/me there? I'm really curious what the speed of this machine is...

Thanks again,
    Dennis
    08-17-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD