Good Day,
    So here is the problem......I have a Telus Blackberry Storm and i also know the six digit MSL code also. I have changed my number also many time but now.........here is the problem....i want to change my blackberry number so i put in my MSL code change the number and then when i hit the back button instead of asking me to save the menu is asking me to Discard changes Yes/No. If i say No it goes back to the CDMA Service full menu. Anybody can help me i will appreciate. Thanks.
    10-24-10 09:16 PM
    10-25-10 10:44 PM
    Call customer service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 10:49 PM
    what a dumb reply....anyways thanks for the suggestion.....I am on Fido not on telus.
    10-25-10 10:55 PM
    It doesn't sound like the problem is the Blackberry. It sounds like the problem lies within your network. To which....you would have to call.....customer service...
    10-26-10 12:50 PM
    Fido is a GSM carrier with a SIM card.

Is the Storm unlocked? It needs that before it will recognize your SIM card. At that point, your SIM card identifies your phone number to the network.
    10-26-10 12:55 PM
    what a dumb reply....anyways thanks for the suggestion.....I am on Fido not on telus.
    well if you're so smart.. then why did you have this problem in the first place?
    the thing is, calling customer service ( your Carrier) for "activation" is not a dumb suggestion.
    i'm with AT&T.. also a GSM service..
    i bought the Torch from AT&T.. and during the first day i have to call AT&T to activate it... we did a battery pull and voila everything worked..
    YOU came to the forum for help..
    and sometime the answer is the most obvious one.. like reading the instruction manual... or calling customer service for assistance..
    10-26-10 02:03 PM
    Yes the device is unloacked and i cannot call customer services because i am with fido and the blackberry is from telus.
    10-27-10 01:49 PM
    I got mine from Telus as well and when I put in my Roger's sim card, I got the same "Activation Required" message. There is nothing wrong with the phone and not limited in any way but the message bothered me for some reason. Well, guess what? I was only able to remove it after I called customer service from Telus. I guess the replies from your forum mates that you seek help from wasn't so "dumb".
    11-07-10 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD