hmmm...so i called RIM, and they said its not a tester, and that i should call fido

whats baffling me is that i still only get edge in small letters, and that seems to be an issue, something about not connecting to the blackberry servers...so either im not configured right, fido hasnt connected me properly
    06-28-09 05:13 PM
    hmmm...so i called RIM, and they said its not a tester, and that i should call fido

whats baffling me is that i still only get edge in small letters, and that seems to be an issue, something about not connecting to the blackberry servers...so either im not configured right, fido hasnt connected me properly
    From that information I would venture to say that they don't have your account provisioned correctly.
    06-28-09 05:16 PM
    sucks to be me as tech support is closed for the day
    06-28-09 05:18 PM
    sucks to be me as tech support is closed for the day
    That is something that customer service should be able to work out for you(as long as you get a competent rep).
    06-28-09 05:20 PM
    update...

so after half an hour with fido, and an hour and a half with blackberry, they have determined that it is a evaluation unit, and it seems to have bugs (really...i couldnt tell)

now im just waiting on hold for customer service to try to get myself a new phone, cause tech support kinda told me that they dont support these phones, and that i shouldnt have had it, and im going to have to replace it myself

update 2
    the case is getting escalated to the team of engineers, who will probably look into the problem and try to resolve it without a script
    they are supposed to call after 1 business day...ill let you guys know

ARGHHHHHHH
    Last edited by naraven; 07-02-09 at 09:38 PM.
    07-02-09 09:33 PM
    Good luck on this.

Tagging this so I can get the updates.

FIDO support of any BB other then the one they are currently slinging is ... below average...
    07-03-09 05:49 AM
    If you can't get data coverage, I bet RIM blacklisted the PIN. They should be able to tell if this is the case.

You can also tell if it's an eval unit if it splashes to a RIM screen rather then a carrier one when it boots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 06:19 AM
    okay...so latest update

i just got a call from someone at rim and they told me that yes, it is a test phone, and it has been reported stolen

and then i started getting a bunch of questions about how much i paid, where, blah blah blah

asked me to foreword any info on this supposed 'thief' to her, but i emailed the guy and asked for my money back, telling him what has happened...now im waiting for a reply from him

*twiddles thumbs*
    07-03-09 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the update. I had a feeling you might get that response from RIM. They really don't like their test units being sold. I hope the seller realizes their mistake, and settles with you. Good Luck.
    07-03-09 04:34 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD