i have to do a battery pull constantly to fix it...wtf? anything else i can do besides constantly soft resetting?
    11-22-08 08:51 PM
    I am having the same problem. Powering the phone off and on helps. Not much better than a battery pull but a little.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:58 PM
    Are you holding the Storm parallel (flat) to the ground? If so, try holding the Storm at an angle. This "trick" eliminated all my accelerometer "problems."
    11-22-08 09:21 PM
    Are you holding the Storm parallel (flat) to the ground? If so, try holding the Storm at an angle. This "trick" eliminated all my accelerometer "problems."
    it doesnt matter how i hold it...it simply stops working after about 2mins.
    everytime i power off/on it will start working again but only for 2mins.

wtf...should i just replace the phone? this is so tilting...also i have multi-tap selected but that constantly switches to suretype w/o me changing it.
    11-22-08 09:38 PM
    i have to do a battery pull constantly to fix it...wtf? anything else i can do besides constantly soft resetting?
    Buy a Bold.
    11-22-08 09:46 PM
    Im having the same problem. I had to pull the battery at least 6 times today! Verizon tech support told me there was an update scheduled for first week in Dec. to fix the problem. it will just have to be a major pain in the **** until the!!!! If anybody figures it out I would love to know.
    11-22-08 10:42 PM
    I have the same problem. If I have my Storm "locked" there is a 50% chance that when I unlock it, it is stuck in whatever orientation it was last in until I do a reboot.
    11-22-08 10:45 PM
    OS problem people, the phone is cooked too rare, let it sit on the grill a little longer, about 2 weeks id say
    11-22-08 10:47 PM
    I too was told that the accelerometer fix was a big part of the update. I was told sometime next week.
    11-22-08 10:55 PM
    OS problem people, the phone is cooked too rare, let it sit on the grill a little longer, about 2 weeks id say

+1 Next patch should answer at least 50% of our questions and answers. Look at it positive, we all(most of us) well......nevermind...........some of us own the phone!
    11-22-08 10:59 PM
    So it appears as though this only happens when I lock the phone and the unlock it.
    Still annoying as its nice to be able to lock it when its in my pocket, but hopefully the
    Update fixes it
    11-22-08 11:12 PM
    i think a big problem with that is that everytime u open something u have to make sure u press the blackberry button and go down to close. if u dont close each application by hand and instead u use the going back button or the red end call button, it keeps the applications running in the background which takes a lot of ram memory to keep these applications going. When u restart ur phone or take the battery out, you are simply just clearing the cache for the memory and thats why the accelerometer seems to be working again. but i have been getting the same problem with a little bit of lag even with my phone freshly restarted. i would blame the os. hope that helps.
    11-22-08 11:34 PM
    I had the accelerometer problem too, and I called Verizon and they were no help - so I eventually brought it in to the store in which I had purchased it the same day and they concluded that it had a hardware problem. I doubted it but they could not reproduce the issue on the samples in the store. So now they've taken it and I won't be sent another until the first week in December :-( I can only hope that around that time they'll have released a software fix for that and some of the other incredibly annoying issues (like a software workaround to combat the lack of a proximity sensor)!!!
    11-22-08 11:48 PM
    OP are ypu locking it before it starts having problems?
    11-22-08 11:54 PM
    I didn't make the connection at the time, but I was definitely locking it so I guess so...
    11-22-08 11:59 PM
    I had a couple problems with it freezing up too.

I think when you lock the screen in landscape mode and then try to unlock it in portrait it freaks out. from what i've dealt with, if you lock it again and the turn it to portrait and wait until the LOCKED screen goes to portrait and THEN unlock it, it will be fine.

Thats just me though, and not sure if that is it though
    11-23-08 12:01 AM
    STOP LOCKING IT LOL.. then try it
    11-23-08 12:01 AM
    I had this problem and fixed it.
    I was running platform .76 and VZW told me to download and install platform .82 which I did. Problem solved.
    So check wto see if you are running platform .76 and if so install the upgrade. Keep in mind you must do this by computer because the os version is still .65 and the OTA upgrade will show no upgrades.
    You can get it here:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    11-23-08 06:08 AM
    on my phone it says that my OS is v4.7.0.65 platform 4.0.0.82
    i assume this is the most updated OS?
    if this isn't the most uptodate OS pls let me know...
    anything else i could try to help this problem?

thanks so much for the replies...
    11-23-08 06:12 AM
    ^^^^^^^^ yes this is the most recent update.
    11-23-08 06:14 AM
    ^^^^^^^^ yes this is the most recent update.
    thanks...guess i'll just have to tough it out till the next one.
    on the bright side i can already tell that once they fix the bugs i am absolutely going to love this phone.

just hope they come out with some great apps like the iphone has (sportacular pls pls pls) and also would love to see some custom icons like those available in custom themes for other bb devices.
    11-23-08 06:24 AM
    This WILL fix most of ya'll issues.

Crackberries/Stormchasers PSA
    11-23-08 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD