OK, I keep hearing how bad the accelerometer on the Storm is. Well, the only other device that I know to have this, is Apple. I happen to have a 32GB iTouch. I made a quick video for youtube. Take a look and be the judge.

12-03-08 06:04 PM
    i think the omina has an accelerometer as well, along with the instinct and i know the g1 has it they just dont utilize it for normal use.

anyway, nice video. its nice to see the storm is faster than the itouch... but its dependent upon how many applications you have running and such- from what ive read and found out on my own.
    12-03-08 06:07 PM
    i think the omina has an accelerometer as well, along with the instinct and i know the g1 has it they just dont utilize it for normal use.

anyway, nice video. its nice to see the storm is faster than the itouch... but its dependent upon how many applications you have running and such- from what ive read and found out on my own.
    True, but since the iphone/itouch can only run one app at a time, I thoght it was fair to not have any other apps running on the storm.

I was pleased to see the storm was faster also. I had not played with my itouch since I got the storm. I also had a hard time working with the touch, after having the storm for 2 weeks. I kept pressing the touch , trying to make it click.
    12-03-08 06:11 PM
    I too have the touch and think the Storm is faster and I have not upgraded to .75

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 06:13 PM
    yea i agree.

The itouch is essentially a toy. the blackberry is a multi-function smartphone.

the itouch does alot of very simple things to make it great. The storm does a million great things

good video though
    12-03-08 06:13 PM
    I have the same issue with my touch. . I'm annoyed that the screen doesn't click...then I remember.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 06:29 PM
    If you look closely the Ipod Touch actually rotates the image which looks pretty slick. The Storm redraws the image which works faster.
    Last edited by NewBerryStorm; 12-03-08 at 07:01 PM.
    12-03-08 06:35 PM
    It's petty I know, but...

Ipod Touch...not Itouch.

Such device does not exist.

Like I said, petty. :-)
    12-03-08 06:39 PM
    It's petty I know, but...

Ipod Touch...not Itouch.

Such device does not exist.

Like I said, petty. :-)

I say itouch for short.
    12-03-08 07:10 PM
    i haven't played with my ipod touch since i got my storm.. but after reading this post i picked it up again and compared it with the storm.. the storm is much more fun to play with.. i also tried clicking the screen!! tried to click on the ipod touch AND on the TomTom.. i felt like a dolt for a second ha
    12-03-08 07:13 PM
    Quick question does anyone else's Storm go into landscape mode when you are holding it upright(portrait mode) if so how are you guys fixing it. Also is there an app to help stop programs from running in the background, that will help clean the event log and other things as well.
    12-03-08 07:39 PM
    If you look closely the Ipod Touch actually rotates the image which looks pretty slick. The Storm redraws the image which works faster.
    So it's a matter of if you want something pretty, or want something with a slight speed edge
    12-03-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD