Hi guys.

today out of now where the phone just does not go to landscape. I formatted, i pulled out the battery almost three times but nope.. the phone just dosent go to landscape at all. its like the accelerometer chip it spoilt and its been only 5 days since i bought it.. never dropped it .. nothing..

could some 1 telle me if there is a test to see if its working.. like an accelemoter test.

cheers.
    02-21-09 10:51 PM
    Pretty sure you just did a test. Warranty time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 10:52 PM
    no test...
    02-21-09 11:15 PM
    By formatted do you mean wiped? It's still might be software even though you did battery pulls.

Also, isn't there a compatibility mode which manually disables the auto switch from landscape to portrait?
    02-22-09 12:11 AM
    there is a couple of apps that use accelerometer. download one of those. if those work then it's not the chip but something with the OS.
    did you wipe and reinstall???
    02-22-09 01:01 AM
    naintii aint working.. and i did a complete wipe and HOW DO U disable enable compatibility mode
    02-22-09 01:43 AM
    Make sure you set Nintaii to use it.

Options>Advanced>Apps>Select App>Compatibility Mode
    02-22-09 01:48 AM
    If nothing works.. I mean if you've completely already reformatted the device and reloaded the OS on it..

Just call Verizon and you're covered by the manufacturer's warranty and they'll either two day or next day ship you a new phone.
    02-22-09 01:53 AM
    btw i wana know how the F' did it happen out of no where! i mean chip suddenly not working is not normal. I do remember the phone heating up when i used to charge it... no water issue.. i also installed that flim to preven the screen to wobble ... is there a hard format code.. i did a wipe handheld only?
    02-22-09 02:08 AM
    how do i completelt format the phone..
    02-22-09 02:08 AM
    heres another accelerometer demo...

forums DOT crackberry DOT com/f86/test-your-accelerometer-131294/
    02-22-09 02:24 AM
    ok... i tried that accelerometerdemo.jad from sfpgm thingi and the ball program works with the accelerometer...
    that means i have a software issue

could u all please tell me how to completely erase everything on the storm? and make it a brand new baby? i mean every last bit of information and pure factory default
    02-22-09 02:25 AM
    ok... i tried that accelerometerdemo.jad from sfpgm thingi and the ball program works with the accelerometer...
    that means i have a software issue

could u all please tell me how to completely erase everything on the storm? and make it a brand new baby? i mean every last bit of information and pure factory default
    WIPE------- options-security options - General Settings - click menu - Wipe handheld
    02-22-09 02:30 AM
    ok.. doing it the third time now... if it dont work then F.. some app has messed up the whole phone. and i bet it was MSN live.. stupid microsoft just HAS TO SPOIL EVERY LAST BIT OF EVERYTHING!
    02-22-09 02:33 AM
    FAILED!!!!

question how come it takes just like 4 minutesd to wipe phone? and how come the date and time dont change to like 2008 or so? this is not hard format.. this is more like a quick format
    02-22-09 02:42 AM
    guys... when i bought the phone it showed my number as 0000000000 i changed my number to bla.. now even after wipe my number is not 000000000 meaning this wipe is not a HARD format! how do i hard format so that there is absolutely NOTHING and back to box like
    02-22-09 03:10 AM
    That's the full wipe of the phone. It's not like WM where everything gets restored to factory defaults. I think you can reinstall the OS though, prob the closest you'll get.
    02-22-09 03:11 AM
    how do u reinstall the os?
    02-22-09 03:21 AM
    guys common.. some1 should know how to hard format.. i mean like those nokia formats where every single thing goes out.. the date even reverts back to the os date! how do you do that! and if its an os install.. how would u do that??
    02-22-09 05:21 AM
    You can "wipe" your phone. Here's a link with information:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Not sure if that's what you're after.

Are you sure you're not "restoring" everything inadvertently? After your wipe, Desktop Manager might be restoring your Storm to its previous state with all your third-party apps. Make sure to reload only the OS and Storm included software....don't add all your third-party software right away. Install them one-by-one until you id the culprit.
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 02-22-09 at 07:12 AM.
    02-22-09 07:09 AM
    nope... i havent installed anything to begin with. it came with the default vodafone thingi.. then a wipe and there was absolutely nothing apart from the default prgms.. even in the after wipe setup screen where u test the dual keybord and the multi tap keyboard then it switches to the side keyboard.. when it swithes to that the screen just stays in landscape and wont go to portrait till u don’t press the call button and u get the calling screen… the funny thing is that the accelerometer test program.. the blue ball thingi if I install it works! But the ball on a general table moves to the top rite corner slowly. And naintii DOSENT! So no more cracking head I threw it on the dealers face yesterday.. its s spoilt accelerometer im sure.. it was way too sensitive when I got it before and the phone used to heat when I charged it… thy might replace it.. who knows… all I know and that I end up spending on the F’in flim! And that anti screen wobble thingi!
    02-22-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD