My accelerometer keeps flipping when I put my storm down on a table or pull it from the holster.
    I'm on my third storm, my brother is on his second storm. They are very sensitive and flip all the time.
    Is there a way to turn off the accelerometer when it is on the home screen.
    Really, there is no need to rotate the screen on the homescreen or the screen after that when you click on the homescreen.
    I only need it to flip when i'm using certain apps.
    Its just so annoying to pull the storm out and its on the side and it dosen't flip when i wanna place a call. Sometimes i even have to shake it so it responds.
    03-03-09 07:49 AM
    I think a few people seem to not like this. I for one am not to bothered. I do believe that some one is developing an app so you can keep it in portrait until you click a convenience key but I cud be very wrong. Just check out the 3rd part apps section. Peace

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:02 AM
    Do you seriously mean to tell us that you actually returned two storms because the accelerometer is too sensitive? Holy **** man. How friggin picky are you?

You probably are on .75. Upgrade to a newer Beta OS and your troubles will be much lessened.
    03-03-09 08:07 AM
    Yeah, it annoys the **** out of me. When I pick up the phone it is ALWAYS in the wrong orientation. It always seems to take forever to switch to portrait.
    03-03-09 08:48 AM
    Yep, I have the same problem.

I shake mine quite often. It seems that it's easy to switch from portrait to landscape, but not so easy to get it to switch back again.

Small issue for me though, I've learned to live with it.
    03-03-09 09:43 AM
    I have the same problem....whenever I take it out of my pocket its always the wrong way but I figure I can live with it though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:47 AM
    I returned my storms for other reason... click screen problems and radio/receiption issues.
    I am currently running .103/.106 hybrid.
    03-03-09 10:37 AM
    sorry but this is a useless thread.
    03-03-09 11:43 AM
    sorry but this is a useless thread.
    That goes to show how much you know. Go back to sleep dude.
    If you don't have anything of value to add, don't post!
    03-03-09 12:40 PM
    This annoys me as well but I've kind of learned to live with it...kind of.
    03-03-09 12:42 PM
    i understand what you are saying...so what i do is just tilt my storm to face me and then lay it down...it doesnt go into landscape mode then
    03-03-09 01:03 PM
    At least it is working...
    03-03-09 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD