Ok.... my dilemma is taking back my storm for the second time in 2 weeks...don't ask about the first one. I got a replacement phone, took it home and it charged on my "old" charger. The next time I tried to charge it came up with an "error" message sayin something I don't remember. I put the USB in the comp and had to turn off my phone and turn it on and it would charge.. Needless to say it's a pain in the *** to charge it and I am wondering if I should take it back to Verizon once again. Is it the battery, did somehow my charger crack out? New to crackberry (site and phone :-P) so need help
    11-09-09 10:20 PM
    I had the same problem and oddly enough a battery pull fixed my problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 10:33 PM
    I started having the same problem, it started Friday. I have never had a single problem and had been running the latest update since it was launched officially and didn't have any problems until then.

Now every so often just to get the phone to charge I have to do a pull, sometimes it takes two or three pulls.

I've even found the phone doing things by itself like phone a person from my contact's without warning! At the same time it mutes the phone so I cannot tell it's happening even if I am wearing a blue tooth and will do it in an instant if the phone is slid into the holster.

It's very frustrating to have gone from being able to say that I had never had any major problem with my blackberry to have made a decision that I am not staying with verizon and will get an alternative to the blackberry and not deal with frustating phone calls to a customer service that doesn't give a straight answer and claims that there is no problem that it is operator error!
    11-09-09 11:04 PM
    i believe the problem lies with the charger handshake code. the storm will charge with any usb charger, but at a lower rate in order to protect the phone. however, a charger designed for the storm will send a specific handshake code to the device and will allow the phone to charge at full amperage. os 5 known to be a buggy os, it's likely that something is messed up in that code. this would cause the message to pop up for no good reason whether a handshake capable charger is connected or not. the same would apply to hooking up to a pc since all the charging driver does is send the handshake signal to the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigj2002; 11-10-09 at 12:55 AM.
    11-10-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD