I already called t-mobile and they pushed all the stuff to my phone, sms, browser.. the only thing that i cant do is set up my email, it tries to connect and it says server failed.. Can someone please help me setup my emails.. i want to setup my gmail and yahoo account.. I do get messages from i guess the network under the Icon that reads Messages(not mms or sms). I registered the device and then i got a confirmation from t-mobile i guess. Thanks for any light you should share.
    04-17-09 01:15 PM
    I already called t-mobile and they pushed all the stuff to my phone, sms, browser.. the only thing that i cant do is set up my email, it tries to connect and it says server failed.. Can someone please help me setup my emails.. i want to setup my gmail and yahoo account.. I do get messages from i guess the network under the Icon that reads Messages(not mms or sms). I registered the device and then i got a confirmation from t-mobile i guess. Thanks for any light you should share.
    If you cannot setup you email via the email set up on your Blackberry device then try visiting your wireless service providers BIS website from your computer and set up your email that way.
    04-17-09 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the reply
    im trying to add new email accounts from yahoo or gmail, not the Blackberry email.
    04-17-09 01:42 PM
    actually, what he means is goto t-mobile's BIS website, this should be it:
    t-mobile site
    Under communications tools, there should be a setup blackberry internet email button.

BIS stands for blackberry internet service. It is how your phone connects to the internet. You should be able to create, delete and modify your email accounts through that website. Then when you are done just click send service books.
    04-17-09 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the reply
    im trying to add new email accounts from yahoo or gmail, not the Blackberry email.
    I never mentioned Blackberry email. To set up any email account go to the application menu > setup > email settings > add email and then follow the on-screen instructions.

If this does not work for you then you can log into your T-Mobile account online and set up your Gmail and Yahoo email accounts from there. This is certainly the case with Verizon and I am assuming a similar service may be provided with TM.

T-Mobile BIS - Click with IE
    Last edited by Leyther; 04-17-09 at 02:06 PM.
    04-17-09 02:04 PM
    still no luck guys.. I called t-mobile's blackberry department and they contacted RIM they said they would try and send my the email service books. I haven't received anything, i already did a batteery pull. I tried doing the email setup through the intial setup, through the BIS website and i get an error...through the "internet email" icon on inside my "setup" folder. Nothing seems to connect to the email server. Any suggestions? Thanks
    04-20-09 12:56 PM
    did you set set up your device correctly is all the service books installed and is your TC/IP set to either epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com to access the network to actually set it up
    04-20-09 01:32 PM
    did you set set up your device correctly is all the service books installed and is your TC/IP set to either epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com to access the network to actually set it up
    Hey which is better epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com.... which do you use ....which os are you using.... also do you have an issue with T-mobile signal going to edge instead of EDGE. thanks
    04-20-09 01:47 PM
    i already tried both.. ill do a bettery pull and retry them again and see.. this is so frustrating.. a blackberry with no email.. thanks for your suggestions guys!
    04-20-09 02:18 PM
    I use radio .90 with .122/5.0 hybrid regarding the apn, I heard the epc was suppose to render images a lot quicker.
    04-20-09 10:13 PM
    I use radio .90 with .122/5.0 hybrid regarding the apn, I heard the epc was suppose to render images a lot quicker.
    Do you have a link for that hybrid?
    04-21-09 06:42 AM
    Not at the moment but I'll upload it later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 07:46 AM
    Got it. I was getting the same error message on My T-Mobile. This error comes up when the Blackberry has already been registered on the BlackBerry Server. For me..I had to contact Verzion and have them delete my BlackBerry email account that was attached to my PIN from their Servers. Once done I was then able to register and add my account to T-Mobile's Servers. You need to do this in order to add gmail, yahoo, aol, and other accounts. It gives the option of getting a "blackberry" email or adding your own email.

any questions about this email me at lstallwo@ asu.edu
    Last edited by lstallworth; 04-24-09 at 08:44 PM.
    04-24-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD