Anyone else with this issue? Very annoying. Seems to be mostly happening after removing from the leather BB pouch, but also happens on occasion while just laying on my desk plugged in... 4 times yesterday, 2 times today...
    11-29-08 06:09 PM
    I don't have a Storm yet but as I was talking to a VZW rep today, he told me there's an update coming out in December which will fix this issue. He also said that this update should fix the one-way audio issues (but I don't exactly know what this issue is).
    11-29-08 06:36 PM
    quick fix would be to take the Storm back and wait for the beta test now under way being finished and the updates to come out. I am so close to returning as the reboots take four plus minutes and are random.
    Jimbo
    11-29-08 07:39 PM
    I will probably be re-activating my 8830 and waiting a week or 2 for the updates. After applying the updates I will try again. If there is still a problem, I will be returning it. I have also been debating on going to ATT for the bold... Unless VZW will be getting the bold anytime soon.
    11-29-08 08:26 PM
    Have had the Storm 4 days, it was great until Sunday evening - began rebooting itself - 4-times Sunday, yesterday 15-TIMES in a 4-hour period AND the battery was almost to hot to hold the phone. Spoke with Verizon 3 times. A new Storm is on its way. Hope it will solve the problem as I like the device a lot - however, the reboots are bad, takes close to 4 minutes to come back-up, nearly making the unit useless. NOW if it is plugged in the problem doesn't seem to be there...
    12-09-08 08:10 AM
    It happened to me once about a week after i got the phone. never happened again.
    12-09-08 08:13 AM
    Same thing happened to mine after I did the software update on Sunday night. It happened twice on Monday just randomly sitting on my desk at work. After that it's been ok.
    12-09-08 08:22 AM
    To be honest, I have only noticed this phenomena after I updated the OS on it from 75 to 113. Before I did that, it was slow as a snail but solid as a rock (apart from the 2 times when it locked itself into camera and wouldn't allow anything else!).
    Since the update, I have had 3, maybe 4 random reboots. 2 of which when I was listening to mp3's althought I did realise it doesn't like BIG mp3's, only the 3-4 MB type. I have only had one random reboot where it has done it whilst being in my pocket, and one when it was seemingly doing nothing. TO be honest, I am not too worried by it at the moment as the OS I know is a beta version so there are bound to be a couple of bugs, but I will take the reboots as long as the phone is faster and doesn't lock up on me. It has NOT rebooted during a call so not really any problems there.
    Like the thing says, you update at your own risk, especially when using a beta version so I can't really complain. I NEVER had a reboot (aside from me taking the battery out) on standard OS 75 (from the store).
    03-31-09 12:50 AM
    My phone came with .75 and it reboots on me aswel..
    03-31-09 12:53 AM
    My dad and I both got Storms on the Buy one get one deal.. his was doing this.

He took it to Verizon, they did a "hard reset" and he hasn't had any further problems.
    03-31-09 07:41 AM
    This is my first post on Crackberry. I got my storm 2 weeks ago and have been playing with it and reading this forum for tips. I have been having nothing but trouble with my storm running .75. Very glitchy, video problems, random reboots and I cant count how many times I had to do a battery pull. Fustrated and almost giving in to returning this thing, I went to Verizon and the tech there instructed me to backup my Storm then reinstall everything. I did it last night and so far no problems. Its actually running faster, not as glitchy and so far has delayed my decision on returning it. Looking forward to the Verizon OS upgrade, whenever it gets here... Keep up the great work and info on the forum. EZ
    03-31-09 10:24 AM
    lol - my dad just sent me an email saying it started rebooting itself TODAY!

Crazy... He said it has done it 3 times in the last few hours...
    03-31-09 11:08 AM
    If you're comfortable, upgrade to one of the "leaked upgradeed O.S's"...I had the same prob about a month ago when I got mine...upgraded to .113 from.75 and haven't had a problem since!!
    03-31-09 11:19 AM
    The first Storm I purchased randomly re-booted itself 6-8 times a day. I received a replacement two weeks later and it never re-booted again...until two weeks ago.

Over that past two weeks, my Storm re-booted itself two times.

Because the new re-boots occured shortly after I installed Poynt and SmrtGuard, I assumed that the re-boots were somehow related to the installation to one or both of those programs.
    03-31-09 11:21 AM
    No not since I upgraded my os to .103 (I have .113 now)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 12:47 PM
    Anyone else with this issue? Very annoying. Seems to be mostly happening after removing from the leather BB pouch, but also happens on occasion while just laying on my desk plugged in... 4 times yesterday, 2 times today...
    This was driving me crazy since I got the 9530. I wanted to throw it away and Verizon was less than helpful. I can't rremember how I got it, but I installed an OS release v4.7.0.148(Platform 4.0.0.181), a pre-release, I assume and there have been absolutely NO reboots after months now.

I found this online but don't know where now.
    03-18-10 05:10 PM
    It's the leather pouch with the magnet. I have one and every time I use it, it screws my phone. I put it away and then maybe a month later pull it out and try it again. I pull my 9530 out and it is dark. Nothing. It happens all the time. So I gave the pouch a float test on the Illinois river. It floats!
    03-18-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD