Sorry if this has been addressed before and I hope I'm asking in the right forum.

My wife really wants a touch screen BB and T-Mobile doesn't have one. She has a Flip 8220 now and we can't switch carriers yet. I can get a "almost new" 9530 (on 4.7.0.75) for $100 and I could purchase an unlock code. I went to the Verizon wireless webpage reviews on this unit and there is a bunch of unhappy customers. Regardless, she wants this phone.

I plan to update to the Verizon recommend v5.0. Is this okay? Aside from talking, she mainly does some emailing, heavy texting, and light browsing. Will she encounter any major problems with type of use? I've read all the ranting about freezing, lock ups, etc. Any comments? What about battery life?

I guess I'm looking for ammunition to talk her out of it but if you guys say it's a piece of cake, I'll do it. Thanks for your input.
    11-30-09 04:07 AM
    You must first unlock the Blackberry Storm. This will cost you around $20 bucks. Next get a tmobile sim card and insert it and wala.. Your Blackberry Storm is working on Tmobile. Also just for reasureance I am currently using my Blackberry Storm on tmobile. I also have an iPhone that i like better.
    11-30-09 04:13 AM
    Check out the sticky post regarding this at the top of this Forum section.
    11-30-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD