When I press down the right-convience key, nothing opens...the left one works perfectly, though.

The volume control also doesn't work, aswell as my camera. When I open the camera- I get a message saying "Close other applications". I have all apps closed except for the ones that I can't (Phone, Browser, Etc.)

DON'T tell me to try pulling the battery and/or wiping handheld. I tried them both, no dice. But I did lose all my information, though! ...
    I called verizon AND blackberry and they said I'm basically SOL and they can't do anything about it since I got the phone from a third party.
    I am using version .75, which I am told that it's the latest version...

I'm about ready to throw this thing out of the window and quit on blackberrys forever, seriously. I'm done trying to find a solution, I need someone to help me step-by-step.

AS OF WEDNESDAY. APRIL 15TH:
    So, every once and a while I will pull the battery, wipe handheld, etc. etc. blah blah blah!
    I don't really know what I did, but my right-convience key and my volume control came back!
    YAYYYYY- BUT
    NOOOOO my camera is still not working. I read that some people fixed this by updating the OS?!
    Will this work orrr what, I AM GETTING THE MIGRANE OF ALL MIGRANES
    AGHH @#$%^&*(&)(*&^%$#@#$
    Last edited by dylanishot; 04-15-09 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Update?
    04-03-09 05:55 PM
    The convenience key is meant to be used with the camera, therefore it has two "presses", meaning it can be pushed about half-way and it will click (with the camera this activates the focus) and then pressing the rest of the way (with camera it takes the picture). Maybe you are totally aware of this, if so sorry, but if not this may be the problem... with other uses it will only work if pressed all the way down.
    04-03-09 06:14 PM
    I am totally aware of that, lol. I seriously pressed the button down with all my strength, nothing happens.....

Seriously, a blackberry with no camera? And volume?! Say I'm listening to a song or watching a video, I can't lower/raise the volume, it's stuck on full-blast 24/7.
    Last edited by dylanishot; 04-03-09 at 06:26 PM.
    04-03-09 06:23 PM
    Ha well okay then, I am the type that tries to rule out the obvious first, for example a tv not working... check to see if it's plugged in.

My best guess is you have a defective unit and should ask for a new one, assuming you got insurance or are within the warranty period they shouldn't have any problem helping you out, I am one who has always had great experiences with Verizon customer service... though I feel like I may be a minority there.
    04-03-09 06:38 PM
    Ha well okay then, I am the type that tries to rule out the obvious first, for example a tv not working... check to see if it's plugged in.

My best guess is you have a defective unit and should ask for a new one, assuming you got insurance or are within the warranty period they shouldn't have any problem helping you out, I am one who has always had great experiences with Verizon customer service... though I feel like I may be a minority there.
    I bought the phone from someone, not the Verizon Store. :/
    04-03-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD