Ever since I've upgrade to the 5.0.x software, even though my spell check and autocomplete are turned off, the software is still correcting my words.

If I type:

The program sam is made in...

The software corrects it automatically to:

The program Sam is made in...

Erasing the word and typing again will not work as it will be capitalized. What works is pausing after writing the word sam and then chosing from the popup that allows a choice of sam or Sam.

This was not the case in 4.7 .

If it is of any importance, I use multitap.
    04-07-10 01:38 PM
    I am having this issue as well. Hopefully someone out there knows why and what can be done.
    04-07-10 03:22 PM
    I had the same issue when the firmware first came out but I don't exactly remember WHAT I did(sorry) but I thought I'd say it incase people say it cannot be done. Did you disable AutoText in the SMS options?(in the options menu.) Also in Spell check my options are that check spelling as you type and auto correction are un-checked, but everything else is. Then while Auto Correction is off, go to Language and Text input and make the input style Auto correction. Auto correction is selected to off so it cannot auto correct. Try all of the options but I'm pretty much positive its the last thing I stated. Hope this helps and good luck!
    Ian
    04-08-10 10:50 AM
    Thanks Ian, I will try this and let you know.
    04-08-10 05:21 PM
    That worked. To recap:

1) Under Language and Text Input, select Input Style to be Auto Correction
    2) Then a single line showing "Auto correction" will display with a check mark. Take the check mark off and save.

The phone will not autocorrect or suggest any words anymore.
    04-09-10 11:13 AM
    Former, I don't understand step 2... When I do step 1 where is this single line showing "Auto correction" supposed to be?
    04-23-10 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD