This problem was confirmed by our local Verizon center.

I can hear the caller perfectly but three of my friends complained that my voice was muffled. They are on the Verizon network and one of them has a BB. Apparently, the Verizon tech said that there is a bulletine on their system that says they are aware of it and working on it so for the moment, not much can be done? The bulletin suggest the user press the phone against the upper jew line to improve the quality.

Anyone else out there having a problem??
    12-21-08 04:13 PM
    Holy cow, this topic is totally new and 100s of threads couldn't be found by using a simple search.

Actually, take everything I said and pretend it's "opposite day".
    12-21-08 04:16 PM
    I have this problem as well and I have a new phone coming. But, I think I may have discovered something that may force me to cancel the replacement. I need some folks experiencing this problem to confirm my findings.

It seems that the voice quality is no longer muffled if I have some background noise. The way I test this is by calling my work voice mail system. If I leave a message with no background noise, my voice is very low and muffled with a lot of bass and no treble. But, with some background noise, it's better and there is more treble. For a test I started a fan next to me, and placed the phone right by the fan and left a voice mail. At work, our voice mails are delivered as .wav files into email. So it's easy for me to save them and play them back for comparison.

I need someone with the problem to confirm my findings. I am running the leaked .83 version.

(Please excuse me. I am going to post this in some other threads I'm monitoring about this problem.)
    12-22-08 03:58 PM
    I had the same problem with people hearing me and they say that I sounded muffled and far away from the mic. Got a replacement about a week ago and is 100% better than the first phone.
    12-22-08 04:45 PM
    Whew! thank God , T-Mobile is allowing me to try-out the Pearl 8220. It is definitely an up-grade from my old Nokia 6133....but each Caller sounds as if (they) have a napkin over their mouth:
    Very Muffled-sounding. This is NOT suppose to happen with a BB.
    Maybe, just maybe I can find a built-in equalizer to adjust in Menu.
    07-16-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD