If i have any questions I first google and at the end of my statement put crackberry it really helps. There should be a sticky always on top that says..."SEARCH BEFORE POSTING!" I think people just look through the threads manually, u have to actually let the technology help you find the info. That's why we have it.
    12-17-08 03:51 PM
    Searching is such a joke on this site. Its not accurate and it takes forever to find what you need. I have started very few new threads on this forum, but I have also found the search function not very helpful on several occasions. Just my two cents.
    12-17-08 03:55 PM
    Sweet I look forward to making a thread and getting berated cause I didn't take time to use a lackluster search
    12-17-08 04:03 PM
    Searching is such a joke on this site. Its not accurate and it takes forever to find what you need. I have started very few new threads on this forum, but I have also found the search function not very helpful on several occasions. Just my two cents.
    There seems to be a common thought in the Forums (not just here) that the Search Forum function isn't very good. Here are two techniques that can really help.

First is the Advanced Search. If you're pretty sure you saw sunkast answer a question sometime in the last month, do an Advanced Search for posts by sunkast with 2 or more replies in the last month. That will REALLY filter the results and help you find what you want much more quickly. This is more useful to members who've been around a while, since by definition a Newbie can't know what was posted last month.

The second search trick is to use the Google "Site" command. In a Google Search box, type "site: forums.crackberry.com search terms" This technique lets you search the CrackBerry Forums with the full power of Google.
    12-18-08 12:56 PM
    1. I like the idea of less than 25 posts not allowed to post a new topic. And if the user tries to create a new topic, instructions on how to SEARCH comes on instead. Something along the lines of:

WAIT. Since you're new to the Crackberry community, we have limited your account to a SEARCH and REPLY ONLY status. In order to preserve the integrity of our forums, we will guide you towards information that you're looking for instead. Please use our SEARCH function, and here are some tips on how to effectively search. ETC...

I'm seriously, what are the chances a brand new member of Crackberry could have some Earth shattering knowledge that someone established on this forum doesn't?

2. Since we hate users coming on and yelling and n00bs utter laziness and search fails, the aforementioned rule would reduce that number even less.

To the OP, thank you for trying to help our community. We appreciate your efforts.
    12-18-08 01:23 PM
    Geez guys! Can we at least appreciate the sentiment of a community member figuring something out and wanting to share that?

Sure this has been talked about ad nausea but still... how about a bit of compassion around here folks?
    12-18-08 01:38 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD