Hey. I just want to say that I just upgraded my Storm to 4.7.0.76. I can't take credit for figuring it out but I found the process at

Blackberrystorm. wikidot . com. Look for the current OS link on the left.

This works, it took about 20 min. Just delete the vendor.xml file.

It transitions are much faster and hopefully it will improve battery life.

Cheers.
    12-17-08 12:48 PM
    Hey. I just want to say that I just upgraded my Storm to 4.7.0.76. I can't take credit for figuring it out but I found the process at

Blackberrystorm. wikidot . com. Look for the current OS link on the left.

This works, it took about 20 min. Just delete the vendor.xml file.

It transitions are much faster and hopefully it will improve battery life.

Cheers.
    Geeze... Does nobody read around here?
    Last edited by Sebastianraven; 12-17-08 at 12:55 PM.
    12-17-08 12:49 PM
    thanks for posting something thats been discussed quite a bit and for the information thats been around since .76 release on Bell
    12-17-08 12:50 PM
    Geeze... Does nobody read around here?
    It's because people REFUSE to use the search function, and decide to continually clutter the boards with topics that have already been beaten into the ground. It's become so polluted in here that it's very difficult to find anything useful. C'mon Mods, do your jobs, and start cleaning this place up.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 12-17-08 at 01:27 PM.
    12-17-08 12:52 PM
    Op, Please Search!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 01:06 PM
    Zomg Ar You Serious!?!?!!! I Are Downloding It Now Thanx For Teh Hot Tip Captain Obvious!!!!11!!one!!1
    12-17-08 01:14 PM
    Maybe there's a way to extend the limitations on new user accounts... So like anyone with fewer than 10 posts can't post URLs, anyone with under 10 posts can't make a new topic without first running a search.
    12-17-08 01:17 PM
    More proof people with less than 25 posts shouldn't be able to make new threads.

Is the OP serious?
    12-17-08 01:23 PM
    .76? OMG! I'm so on that! lol
    12-17-08 01:26 PM
    Wow guys, a little harsh? 7 replies and not one of them is even remotely constructive?
    12-17-08 01:29 PM
    OMG .76 it can't be. Oh wait I've had for 2 weeks now.
    The only thing that annoys me more than posts by people on a topic already discussed several times? Is several OTHER people feeling the need to reply with "Why don't you use SEARCH"-type comments which pushes the friggin' post to the top of the board rather than letting it die without comment.
    12-17-08 01:31 PM
    Wow, the community here is so welcoming to new users. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

You can't really use the forum search to find numbers so anyone who is trying to find information about a new release based on its number won't get any results.
    12-17-08 01:32 PM
    HOLY CRAP!

Not sure if you guys heard, but man landed on the moon in 1969.
    12-17-08 01:33 PM
    WOW you guys are being jerks.... way to push this thread to the front by adding more posts.... instead of a simple here is the thread that covers this, and letting it die......you guys(and now me) are helping pollute the forum by making this thread have more replies.... a simple private message would have sufficed. I hope nobody else makes this mistake. OUCH!!!!
    12-17-08 02:34 PM
    HOLY CRAP!

Not sure if you guys heard, but man landed on the moon in 1969.
    That was a stage setup.
    12-17-08 03:11 PM
    WOW you guys are being jerks.... way to push this thread to the front by adding more posts.... instead of a simple here is the thread that covers this, and letting it die......you guys(and now me) are helping pollute the forum by making this thread have more replies.... a simple private message would have sufficed. I hope nobody else makes this mistake. OUCH!!!!
    Sometimes the best way to learn is through public humiliation.
    12-17-08 03:12 PM
    LMAO! That's true though.
    12-17-08 03:16 PM
    Yeah, actually taking a moment to EDUCATE the guy instead of berating him is asking too much huh? Yeah he made a mistake, but at least he's TRYING to contribute. Nice to see some of the other posters jumping all over him. Great friendly community we have here... Wouldn't be suprised if he left.

AGREED 100%.
    12-17-08 03:19 PM
    This one time at bandcamp........

12-17-08 03:30 PM
    This phone is starting to suck and I'm cranky.

I don't need somebody who thinks he just discovered the next best thing to post a new thread on a topic that's been discussed to death.
    12-17-08 03:33 PM
    I'm not way into post redundancy, but in the OP's defense, the search function is maddening at best.
    12-17-08 03:38 PM
    Actually, this was somewhat helpful for me. When .76 was released, I spent about 30 minutes skimming through the thread(s) looking for the specific improvements. All I ever saw was "I just downloaded it!", "thanks!!!!", and "I'll report back after I've installed it!!!!". So it was finally nice to click on a thread, and get some real information.
    12-17-08 03:43 PM
    LMAO! That's true though.
    +1..........

12-17-08 03:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD