This is my 4th handset in 9 months and I'm starting to get tired of poblems. Latest seems to be that the phone will not take a charge in-car. I bought an in-car charger for the 9500 from the internet and tried to charge. The charge icon displays and the handset looks as though it goes into charge mode but it doesn't take any charge just the charger gets warm and so does the handset battery. I thought the charger might be at fault so I went to Car phone warehouse and bought another one suitable for the 9500. Different car, different in-car charger but still same problem, chrage icon appears but doesn't take a charge? get home plug into wall charger and charges fine. Anybody aware what might be the problem? Never tried in-car charging until recently as spending more time on the road now, so i never tried charging previous handsets.

Jim
    10-18-09 06:29 AM
    A lot of people have experienced charing issues with non-Blackberry chargers. For some reason, the Storm has been sensitive with aftermarket chargers (especially the car chargers).

Not to make you spend more money, but if you pickup the car charger made by Blackberry (RIM), it should work fine. I know its available here on the crackberry store.
    10-18-09 11:23 AM
    stay away from the knock off chargers. The OE ones might cost more but you wont have charging problems.
    10-18-09 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD