My Daughter and I both received Storm 9500's for Christmas. We're with Virginmobile and don't have a blackberry dataplan.

We have managed to install opera to access the internet and also designed and installed our own themes!

One thing that is flummoxing me is the addition of an instant messenger that will carry MSN login's.

I don't mind paying for an application but we are unable to install OTA so many apps just wont work due to that shortfall.

Any recommendations?

I've searched the net for days thinking I've found a solution only to be disappointed when it didn't work.

Karen x
    12-26-09 08:44 AM
    As far as I can tell, your best options here are to either alter your plan so it involves data to the extent where you can install OTA, or use a site such as ebuddy.com through your browser (providing that functions correctly) to use MSN.
    12-26-09 08:51 AM
    I'll speak to Virgin but they got all arsey when they heard I bought Storms as they don't supply them.

My Daughter already uses ebuddy... I was hoping for something a little more personal. But thank you for your reply.
    12-26-09 09:03 AM
    Aren't you supposed to be able to save OTA files (.jad) to your SD card to load them onto the device memory later?

Just download the OTA file to your computer, turn Mass Storage Mode on the device on, connect to the CPU, and load to the SD card.

You probably won't be able to use the applications since (almost aloof them) they use data to send messages back and forth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD