So when I first got my memory card none of my songs would stay on it when I put them on, so I called in and they told me to format it. So before I formatted it I noticed in the memory that there was 8GB total and 8GB free and after I formatted it, it now says 0GB total and 0GB free.

Anyone got any suggestions as to why this happened and now I cant put any music on it because it says theres no space.
    03-27-09 08:59 AM
    Did you format it FAT32? I don't know that Blackberries can read, say, NTFS for example.
    03-27-09 09:29 AM
    Did you format with the phone, or in a computer? Could the card just be loose?
    03-27-09 09:34 AM
    Something wrong with the card would be my guess. No memory card ever has the whole amount available - you'd be lucky to see 7.6 gb. The fact that the card would not retain any info in the first place is worrying enough - apart from corruption issues, I don't bother with formatting - have always found that the cards are good to go out of the box.
    03-27-09 09:45 AM
    I formatted it with the phone it wouldnt let me do it on the computer, Im going to say that the card is corruptted though and I gotta go buy a new one, and I have checked it doesnt seem loose.
    03-27-09 09:49 AM
    If it wouldn't let you do it on the computer, it's a duffer. When I formatted the one I use now, I had had to do so since I had tried to wipe the card on a Nokia that just went to pieces in the last bit (had to leave 400 mb free on a 6 gb card to make sure that it worked properly) - I can fill it right up on the Storm and it keeps on ticking.

God I love BlackBerrying.
    03-27-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD