So after 2 1/2 years of hard use my 8703e finally bought the farm. I called Verizion to find out how much it would be for my upgrade to the Storm and they shocked me and said FREE! Well needless to say, my new Storm will be here on Tues. I loved my 8703e and never had 1 issue with it( I wish it would have had a camera though). What can i expect with the Storm? I have thick skin as I sell Hondas for a living so please do not hold back. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. Will my Storm have the new OS or will I have to update it later? I look forward to hearing from everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    12-21-08 10:19 AM
    So after 2 1/2 years of hard use my 8703e finally bought the farm. I called Verizion to find out how much it would be for my upgrade to the Storm and they shocked me and said FREE! Well needless to say, my new Storm will be here on Tues. I loved my 8703e and never had 1 issue with it( I wish it would have had a camera though). What can i expect with the Storm? I have thick skin as I sell Hondas for a living so please do not hold back. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. Will my Storm have the new OS or will I have to update it later? I look forward to hearing from everyone. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    Start reading posts now...

Apply your conventional Blackberry mind to solve routine problems...

IMO - the Storm does not function as well "out of the box" as my previous devices did.

Have fun.

Read posts...
    12-21-08 10:44 AM
    You'll hate it at first, then play with it and it and then you will fall in love..

I hated the typing on it, now im a beast haaaa
    Its the best phone ive ever owned.
    12-21-08 10:51 AM
    I agree with the others, I had a Curve (8310) which is similar to the 8703 in that it was simple, fast, and super easy to use. The Storm is a cool device with a lot of potential but in truth will need a round of software updates to fully achieve it. That said, the 4.7.0.75/.76 out now works pretty good and error free. The leaked .83 is fast and holds promise however, isn't quite ready for prime time, IMHO and I've downgraded back to .76.

Looking ahead to the new year, I would imagine the OS will be further tuned and quickened so I'm going to hang in there. Coming from the work horse 8703 you are going to have a steep learning curve and I would encourage you to be patient pending your immediate needs. That said, if the Storm isn't your cup of tea, the Curve would be a very nice transition for you.

Just my $.02.

- E
    12-21-08 11:23 AM
    Congrats on the coming Storm. I'd recommend check out the TIPS & TRICKS thread so you know what to do when it arrives. Again, congrats on the Storm.
    12-21-08 11:25 AM
    Thanks to all so far. I feel that after 2 weeks I should be as comfortable with the Storm as I am with the 8703e. Does anyone know if my new storm will have the updated OS or will I have to upload it later. Based on what everyone has seen, should i rollback if I do have the new OS? I am excited and nervous at the same time. I count on my crackberry. Thanks to all again!
    12-21-08 12:18 PM
    The question is how did u get it 4 free?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 01:09 PM
    been with them since they were bell atlantic mobile. In the past 4 years have had nothing but problems with them. phone has been great, however i have dropped a ton of calls and had some very poor customer service. told them that at&t was looking better and better and the iphone would work for me and that at&t would give me 2 for free. 1 for my wife and 1 for me. They want my $300 per month for the next 2 years, does verizion. Free Storm!!! Wife has a motorola Q9C which she loves because of the camera and her work requires her to sync with windows..
    12-21-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD