Everytime I turn off my phone for the night to charge it then wake up and attempt to turn it on it always freezes at the Verizon logo screen while I can still hear alerts going off on the phone that I missed while asleep. It has done this 4 times now, has anyone else experienced this?
    12-21-08 09:06 AM
    Yes!!!! It is so annoying. I've batt pulled twice already and still have issues. Ugh...I like .83, but this is a pain! I'm with you, can anyone advise what to do???
    12-21-08 09:16 AM
    bump anyone?
    12-21-08 10:01 AM
    My screen locks in the same place. And when I do a battery pull my screen locks at the media card. So I have to do a battery pull with out my card then put the card in after the phone comes on. Should I try doing a wipe then re install .83?
    12-21-08 10:02 AM
    You can try a wipe and a reinstall if you want. I don't turn my phone off much unless I'm pulling the battery and it doesn't get stuck (I'm also running .83).
    12-21-08 10:08 AM
    I just woke up to find my phone stuck on that screen. Considering a wipe and fresh reload. I have to travel into the midwest here soon, and if I get stuck at some airport due to snow, I'd like to be able to contact family. Last thing I need is a bunch of reboots running down my battery.
    12-21-08 10:29 AM
    Just curious, do you have the Memory Cleaning option turned on? I didn't at first and everything was fine, no complaints. As a matter of fact, everything was doing so well that when I ran across the memory cleaning option, I turned it on. That's when I started noticing the problems. I turned it off, pulled the battery, twice and then the Storm is back to normal.

I've heard the horror stories and I've not had any problems until putting that option to on, I'm just wondering if there is an issue in that area that is causing a lot of the issues. Just curious.
    12-21-08 10:45 AM
    yep i turned on memory cleaning and mine did this, reloaded and made sure that option was off....no more problem
    12-21-08 10:48 AM
    This was suggested in another thread and it helped fix my VZW black screen issue. Do you have your own home screen wallpaper? If so, did you store it on the media card or the device memory? Move the file over to the device memory and see if that fixes your issue.
    12-21-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD