.75 ran flawless for me and i am downgrading tonight back. My biggest issue today...while on AIM...i get a message...indicator blinks....two times phone frooze up...which resulted in a battery pull...then one time it got stuck on start up on verizon wireless. Anyone else having this issue? Forget .83
    12-20-08 02:22 PM
    I went back to .76. It was working fine, but I was hoping the camera would be what everyone said it was. That was wrong for me. Going to wait for the official release now. Honestly, my phone hasn't really had any problems, but I was on .65 and felt going to .75 or .76 would be the best. Reverted back and working like a champ...except for the IT policy related issues. :-$
    12-20-08 02:32 PM
    I have had absolutely zero problems with .83. It runs even better than .76.
    I do a wipe before updating to the new OS and then do a couple of battery pulls before and after restoring all of my apps and backup.

An official release of .83 won't change anything. Build .83 is build .83. Any changes and it would be a new version.
    12-20-08 02:34 PM
    Yea few things are faster but this lock up is a deal breaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 02:35 PM
    I upgraded yesterday at 2:00PM. The phone ran smooth all day, but then at 11:00 it started acting really slow and choppy. My app memory was way up, so that wasn't the problem.

I did a battery pull and got the same "Media Card Inserted" Messagae. The phone would than go to a Verizon Screen. Although the Accelometer would shift the Verizon Logo, everything else was locked out. I performed four more battery pulls with the same results.

I let the phone sit with the battery out overnight and rebooted this morning and the phone is running great like before.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Is it because of the upgrade? Are there any other bugs?

If this happens to anyone else, be patient.
    12-20-08 02:36 PM
    I upgraded yesterday at 2:00PM. The phone ran smooth all day, but then at 11:00 it started acting really slow and choppy. My app memory was way up, so that wasn't the problem.

I did a battery pull and got the same "Media Card Inserted" Messagae. The phone would than go to a Verizon Screen. Although the Accelometer would shift the Verizon Logo, everything else was locked out. I performed four more battery pulls with the same results.

I let the phone sit with the battery out overnight and rebooted this morning and the phone is running great like before.
    Has anyone else had this happen? Is it because of the upgrade? Are there any other bugs?

If this happens to anyone else, be patient.
    I got the Verizon screen after I restored all of my apps and backup but a battery pull fixed it.
    12-20-08 02:38 PM
    Yea few things are faster but this lock up is a deal breaker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You meant to post ".83 sucks for ME..major problems for ME" Correct?

I don't have any issues at all. And the other poster is correct, when they do an official update and it is .83 then it will be exactly the same.
    12-20-08 02:39 PM
    I have had absolutely zero problems with .83. It runs even better than .76.
    I do a wipe before updating to the new OS and then do a couple of battery pulls before and after restoring all of my apps and backup.

An official release of .83 won't change anything. Build .83 is build .83. Any changes and it would be a new version.
    lol, exactly dude

I don't think people are smart enough to realize this. If they change something its no longer .83, its going to go up to .84 or something.

Its all in peoples heads because they aren't updating it the simple user-friendly way that verizon/RIM have for you, they delete random stuff or skip a step or delete random files, or don't reinstall something, then they complain about problems.
    12-20-08 02:39 PM
    Another "I have .83 issues" again? Don't we have enough of them already?
    12-20-08 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD