I am new to all of this (as you will soon see). I have downloaded .83 and it shows up on my desktop. I pull up DM, go to software update but .83 has not appeared. I also temp shut down network connection to no avail. Anyone have an idea or can give me a few elementary steps to get it on my 9530? Thank you.
    12-19-08 11:37 AM
    You have to install the .83 on the pc
    12-19-08 11:42 AM
    You have to install the .83 on the pc
    What he said. There are some really good write upson how to do it step by step which is what I used last night to update. I was a 1st time updater as well. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 11:47 AM
    thanks mates--I will give it another shot. Spaciorek, I thought I HAD installed .83 on my pc since it is on my pc desktop--I just need to know from there how to upload it to my BB. My DM doesnt show that it is available as an update Any other hints? Thanks a bunch. Well done IheirBal
    12-19-08 04:07 PM
    Double click it to run the program on your PC. After that install is finished, it should show up in DM.
    12-19-08 04:09 PM
    it wont show in DM until you install .83.

when installing the new OS, close all other BB related programs
    12-19-08 04:09 PM
    Thanks Don. When I double clicked the 83 on my pc desktop in order to install it to my pc, I hit "run" which gave me 2 options: Repair or Remove. I was worried to hit remove for fear of losing what I already have, and repair did nothing. Should I select 'remove' and do I need to remove my current OS before getting 83?
    12-19-08 04:33 PM
    Thanks Don. When I double clicked the 83 on my pc desktop in order to install it to my pc, I hit "run" which gave me 2 options: Repair or Remove. I was worried to hit remove for fear of losing what I already have, and repair did nothing. Should I select 'remove' and do I need to remove my current OS before getting 83?
    If it shows that it's already installed.

Just to be clear, you have to download the OS file and install it on your PC. Just like you download any other program and run the file to start the installation.
    12-19-08 04:37 PM
    im having the same problem and it is installed, bassicaly ive downloaded the .83 firmware, ran through the exe and it installed the software on the computer, but the Desktop manager still only shows .65 and .75 for me. So the software was installed on the computer. His was as well, thats why it is showing remove, so it has been on there all along, and its just not showing the .83 option in the list of updates available.

My guess is that it may be seeing the official .75 on there, and not letting it see the unofficial .83. You could try Uninstalling the Desktop Manager, disabling your internet connection, then reinstalling the desktop manager, installing the .83 file again, all with the internet still disabled, then see if the .83 shows up. Im at work so i cant try that now, but let me know if it works
    Last edited by ctweeks2002; 12-19-08 at 05:02 PM.
    12-19-08 04:54 PM
    did you delete the vendor.xml file? you must do that for a vwz phone to recognize the update.

its like c:/commonfiles/research in motion/ apploader and the file is in there
    12-19-08 04:57 PM
    CT,
    you see my quandry then as well. Hopefully someone will be able to tell us why, after having downloaded and installed .83 to our pc's, we still dont see .83 showing up as an update option on our DM application loader under software updates. any help will be appreciated.
    12-19-08 05:02 PM
    I havent tried to delete vendor file as yet. I saw a few verizon posts that said they didnt need to do so, and it still worked fine for them (83, that is). Thanks for the suggestion-- i might try it if all else fails...
    12-19-08 05:06 PM
    did you delete the vendor.xml file? you must do that for a vwz phone to recognize the update.

its like c:/commonfiles/research in motion/ apploader and the file is in there
    Thats not true. This is a VZW update. I am running .83 (as are many people) and there was no need to delete the vendor file.
    12-19-08 05:09 PM
    This is the same exact problem I am having. I get the "repair" or "remove" options so I know it is on the PC but DM still can't find it. UGH!! I'm so confused. LOL!
    12-19-08 05:09 PM
    This is the same exact problem I am having. I get the "repair" or "remove" options so I know it is on the PC but DM still can't find it. UGH!! I'm so confused. LOL!
    Definitely try removing it and re-downloading and installing it. It really should work fairly easily and error free. Many, many people are running it at this point including me and everything went smoothly for my install.
    12-19-08 05:13 PM
    Ice Cream-- thats makes 3 of us so far--we'll get it figured out somehow I am sure. SHOW ME THE 83, DM!!!!!!!!!!
    12-19-08 05:16 PM
    Zoli
    just to be sure, youre saying I should select REMOVE option thereby removing my current .75 version and then try to re-download and re-install .83? I am just concerned that if I do this, and .83 doensnt show up on my DM, I would have neither version anymore. Thanks for any reply.
    12-19-08 05:25 PM
    Ice Cream-- thats makes 3 of us so far--we'll get it figured out somehow I am sure. SHOW ME THE 83, DM!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure one of the Crackberry experts will get us pointed in the right direction. I just don't want to screw something up.
    12-19-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD