What's the longest recorded video you have been able to capture with your Storm? I've recorded two videos a little longer than 78 minutes each. Two things I noticed: The first recording stopped and saved on its own at the 1 hour 18 minute and 28 second mark. The second recorded video was stopped by me at the 1 hour 18 minute and 52 second mark. The reason I stopped the second recorded video is because I noticed the recording started to behave erratically...It may have recorded longer but I stopped it. I had to do a battery pull after the second recording because my Storm was still acting weird.

Anyone care to test this to see if your recording exhibits the same behavior beyond the 78 minute mark? Each video recording started around 95% battery life and finished at 30% remaining battery life running OS .75.
    Last edited by Storm7; 02-16-09 at 07:01 PM.
    02-16-09 01:39 PM
    what on earth do you need to record for 78 minutes from a cell phone?
    02-16-09 01:51 PM
    it all depends how big your memory card size is and how much space you got left on the micro SD card...

8gb
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 8GB microSDHC Card CLASS 2 (SDSDQ-8192, Bulk Package): Electronics

16gb
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 16GB microSDHC Card (SDSDQ-016G, Bulk Package): Electronics

32gb
    cant find a link for it anywhere sorry, i know they make them though

hope this helps
    Last edited by mxrider821; 02-16-09 at 02:04 PM.
    02-16-09 02:00 PM
    Flask... You have a wonderful point.

But, I am not sure if it is the "max" since I am still running the 8 gig card that came with my storm. I think the amount of video you can record and store is related to the amount of free space on your storm.

I could be wrong, but that is how it works with a lot of digital cameras, and devices that use micro SD cards. getting more record time may just be as simple as getting another card.
    02-16-09 02:01 PM
    Flask... You have a wonderful point.

But, I am not sure if it is the "max" since I am still running the 8 gig card that came with my storm. I think the amount of video you can record and store is related to the amount of free space on your storm.

I could be wrong, but that is how it works with a lot of digital cameras, and devices that use micro SD cards. getting more record time may just be as simple as getting another card.
    thats what i just said...

^^^^
    l
    l
    l
    l
    02-16-09 02:04 PM
    My previous Storm had the issue where it would randomly lock-up and freeze within seconds of recording to no more than 6 minutes of recording. I wanted to test this one to see how long it would record without issue.

After the first recording stopped and saved on it's own, I wanted to see if the second recording of 78 minutes would stop and save again on it's own but it didn't. What I noticed is the erratic behavior beyond the 78 minute mark. Being that it would stop recording and save on its own or the recording itself would behave erratically.

I have in excess of 6 GB remaining on the 8 GB card.
    Last edited by Storm7; 02-16-09 at 02:10 PM.
    02-16-09 02:08 PM
    Perhaps some sortof memory leak? Just a wild guess. Did you check the memory usage when it started getting wonky?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:55 PM
    sorry im not much help but you said it was 78 minutes once and 1 hour and 8 minutes another time which is 68 minutes. Could you please specify which one so that if someone else did test this we could know if it really cuts off at that time.
    02-16-09 04:53 PM
    sorry im not much help but you said it was 78 minutes once and 1 hour and 8 minutes another time which is 68 minutes. Could you please specify which one so that if someone else did test this we could know if it really cuts off at that time.
    Sorry about that, 78 minutes or 1 hour and 18 minutes was the recording time.
    02-16-09 07:00 PM
    Not a problem, thanks.
    02-19-09 03:05 PM
    Ahhh what? What on earth do you record on your phone thats 78mins long?
    02-19-09 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD