Does the new upgrade HAVE to be updated by desktop?
    Or will it be sent by verizon OTA for an upgrade?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 05:56 PM
    has to be done via PC desktop
    12-01-08 05:57 PM
    On the pc.
    12-01-08 05:58 PM
    Will it work on a mac if I use Boot Camp?
    12-01-08 06:03 PM
    not sure, but you could try

i've heard people were successful with VMware fusion, but not really anything about parallels or bootcamp. give it a try and let us know
    12-01-08 06:08 PM
    all i have is a mac...does anybody know if i can just go to verizon and get the update?
    12-01-08 06:12 PM
    Okay thank you. Its just I get nervous downloading software off the internet.

Is this how it will be for every update ? By desktop?

12-01-08 06:22 PM
    I thought it could be upgraded from both? What does the "wireless upgrade" under "anvanced options" on the phone do?
    12-01-08 07:01 PM
    there are no wireless updates as of yet. there are no official updates as of yet either. the OS that is stickied is a leak, so no, you cannot go to a verizon store and update

Okay thank you. Its just I get nervous downloading software off the internet.

Is this how it will be for every update ? By desktop?

many people have downloaded the software and run it through anti-virus without a hitch, so its your call. Updates will be via desktop or OTA in the future, but right now, the only update is the leaked version
    Last edited by DonNguyen; 12-01-08 at 07:05 PM.
    12-01-08 07:03 PM
    there are no wireless updates as of yet. there are no official updates as of yet either. the OS that is stickied is a leak
    Does that mean in the future I will be able to just do it from my phone? My computer isn't working right which makes me unable to do it from there.
    12-01-08 07:05 PM
    Does that mean in the future I will be able to just do it from my phone? My computer isn't working right which makes me unable to do it from there.
    yes, in the future you will be able to do it from your phone. You can also send me you computer and 100 bucks for me to look at and try to fix
    12-01-08 07:06 PM
    yes, in the future you will be able to do it from your phone. You can also send me you computer and 100 bucks for me to look at and try to fix

I basically just need a new computer...thanks for your help
    12-01-08 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD