Okay after using the leaked .75 version I noticed that when charging on ac / usb, the battery would reach 100% but still show the charging symbol. I thought it was staying like this. Till yesterday and today.

Both days, the phone finally exitted the charge state after 6+ hours. Last night I think I put it ac about 3 am and it just stopped about 15 minutes ago. When I put it on ac charge last night I think it was about 45% battery remaining.

Side note:
    The battery life has been steadily improving from day 1 with it barely lasting 1/2 a day on the first day to yesterday, going 13 hrs with full use and being at 75% when I got home. Full use being 1 1/2 hours talk, time about 20-40 sms messages, 4 email boxes, google maps 4-5 times, bluetooth on, icq / aim constantly running and medium web browsing

Anyone else seeing anything like this
    12-04-08 08:55 AM
    There's nothing wrong with hitting 100% on the indicator and it still showing a charging icon. It won't stop trickle charging until it gets fully charged. Is this like your first phone or something?
    12-04-08 08:58 AM
    There's nothing wrong with hitting 100% on the indicator and it still showing a charging icon. It won't stop trickle charging until it gets fully charged. Is this like your first phone or something?
    6+ hours is excessive for a fully drained battery, let alone one that was about 45% full

Or are you still using your first phone, one of those bag phones?
    12-04-08 09:12 AM
    I actually had this problem as well. My phone was at around 60% when I put it on the charger and kept it there overnight. About 8 hours later it was still showing that it was charging, so I pulled the battery and once it boot up I put it back in the charger and it was done. I'm just worried that the battery will die because it isn't stopping charging on its own
    12-04-08 10:09 AM
    i've also noticed my battery life lasting MUCH longer after the leaked upgrade.

so psyched!
    12-04-08 10:12 AM
    Anyone else having this problem? I just noticed that my battery never stops saying it is charging.
    12-06-08 12:54 PM
    Same thing happens to me and I don't know whether or not it is a phone problem and I should get it exchanged or a battery problem.
    12-06-08 01:07 PM
    try taking the battery out of the phone while the phone is turned on this is called in tech terms a "soft reboot"

so take the battery out while the phone is on, than put it back in and don't push any buttons. the spinning loading icon will come on and it takes about 5 minutes for the phone to come back on so be patient.

once the phone comes back on the charging icon should go away, its probably just a glitch
    12-06-08 01:22 PM
    Yeah pulling the battery gets rid of the bolt icon, but I'm worried that the battery will die because it never seems to stop charging.

Even when the phone is off and charging it never goes to the solid green LED light
    12-06-08 01:27 PM
    I'm not overly concerned yet. Definately not going to call VZ unless the phone stops working completely.

Right now, I'm getting what ppl are considering phenomenal battery life compared to theirs. VZ will have to pry this phone out my cold dead heads before I let it go so long as it works
    12-06-08 01:32 PM
    Does this problem happen for a lot of people? How many of you are running weather bug? Maybe weather bug continuously syncing might be a power drain so it never fully charges? How many of you are running the leaked .75?
    12-06-08 04:20 PM
    I am not running weatherbug or any other third party app. I am also running the official .75 from Verizon.
    12-06-08 05:31 PM
    it's somethin in .75. my phone never did it before I installed the leaked version
    12-06-08 08:33 PM
    my battery life is dropping much faster since upgrading to .75 this morning. im concerned. i had pretty good life with .65. wtf?
    12-06-08 09:23 PM
    I'm having this problem as well after upgrading to the official .75 release the phone never says that it's done charging and both the battery and charger are ice cold.

The battery status is at 100% in Options>Status but the LED never goes solid and it's blinking but it's not fully green there's a little red in there too.
    12-06-08 10:48 PM
    Same thing happening to me after I updated last night � It was on the charger for a hour after it was at 100%. Still was showing charging. Finally just took it off, had to leave for work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 12:22 AM
    It seems like the phone isn't realizing that it's charged and keeps charging itself, this CAN'T be good for the battery at all!

Mine finally finished after being on the charger saying 100% for god knows how long. I'm kind of worried of what this can cause in the long run...
    12-07-08 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD