Ok so I'm on my 3rd or 4th storm. First time I got it replaced it was because I had dust under my screen. 2nd time was cause I think it got like a drop of liquid on it and was just totally bugged out. Now yesterday I was out with my parents and accidentally spilled my beer on my phone. Now I love the storm (which is why I keep getting it) but I do not seem to have any luck with this phone. It works fine now exept that its laggy, buggy. And the blackberry key does not work. Which is extremely. Important for everyday user of the phone. Do you guys have any ideas as to what I should do about this phone. Obviously I'm going to get it replaced but its such a PITA because they don't transfer anything but numbers and messages. And I have a diff theme and a bunch of 3rd party apps so I really do not like doing this. Any ideas / suggestions would be appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 03:56 PM
    Oh and btw. HAPPY 4th!!!

07-04-09 03:58 PM
    Unfortunately, aside from the one with dust, the others were your fault. You should have insurance.

You can back up your 3rd party apps via DM. If your current phone can connect to your PC, back up your 3rd party apps.

The most efficient way though is to go to your "My Account" on this very website's store. You can re-download everything there.
    07-04-09 04:49 PM
    Use DM to back up everything from your phone. Get your new storm, and get an OtterBox case for it. They aren't 100% waterproof, but are very close to it.
    07-04-09 05:20 PM
    Can't help with the dust, and you should keep replacing until they give you a working one, but the water problems you listed were really your fault. So here are my suggestions:

1: ditch the Storm and get a G'zOne
    2: carry your Storm in a zip-lock bag
    07-04-09 05:51 PM
    Remove battery > blow dry (optional) > put phone in bag of rice for a couple days. Fixed many doused phones.
    07-04-09 10:16 PM
    Thanks guys idk y it seems to be working ok now but I really do have bad luck so I'm def thinking of going with the ziplock bag route

07-05-09 03:36 AM
    Seriously get a pouch or a case for the thing.
    07-05-09 03:58 AM
    ...def thinking of going with the ziplock bag route.
    Get Aquapac from shop cb lol.
    07-05-09 07:37 AM
    I do have it in a Case now and have had it in one since I got it. What are these other cases yous are talking about?

07-05-09 09:40 AM
    The OtterBox Defender makes it really difficult for water or dust to get in your Storm. Plus, it puts the phone in a holster, so you don't carry it in your pocket (lint trap) or leave it lying out on a table while your drinking (********).
    07-05-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD